Phew. Almost done.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Phew. Almost done.

I have finished saving up for all my stuff. Now there are only a few things to decide before I actually buy everything. First of all, here is a list of what I am purchasing for my setup:

-Numark Stealth Control
    -2 Midi Fighter Classics
    -Numark STEREO|iO
    -Beats By Dr.Dre Pros
    -JBL PRX618S-XLF Speaker Set

Seems like a pretty good setup to me. If there is a soundcard in the same price range as this one please tell me.

Audio Dj 2?

i would go with that dude....you will suffer otherwise....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Audio Dj 2?

i would go with that dude....you will suffer otherwise....
    true... but it doesnt look like enough outputs to me

second hand audio dj 4/6? then you've always got the option of dvs for the future
    Mac Mini 2.4ghz Dual Booted OSX 10.6 and XP, TSP2, Numark Mixtrack, iPod Touch with TouchOSC. Gemini XL-500's with a mixer i'm too embarissed to admit!

Check out my easy noob build thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31826

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    true... but it doesnt look like enough outputs to me
    huh? they're both 2 Channel output soundcards.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Get the Audio 2 DJ, it's 4 out just like the DJ I/O, but smaller and generally considered to be better quality.

Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones don't cut it for DJing. For one thing, the cable doesn't lock in, but also they have no hinge built in for one ear monitoring. 'Beats Audio' or whatever magic they say they have essentially means they turned up the bass. Basically all the beats are good for is trying to look badass. Get some Sennheisers or Pioneers. You don't wanna look like Pauly D.

Also I googled that speaker set and it looks like it's just a pair of subwoofers... That's not going to do you any good.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

this again.

You better get some more knowledge than jump at a gig n get embarrassed if your quality aint good. learn to walk before you run, look before you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Get the Audio 2 DJ, it's 4 out just like the DJ I/O, but smaller and generally considered to be better quality.

Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones don't cut it for DJing. For one thing, the cable doesn't lock in, but also they have no hinge built in for one ear monitoring. 'Beats Audio' or whatever magic they say they have essentially means they turned up the bass. Basically all the beats are good for is trying to look badass. Get some Sennheisers or Pioneers. You don't wanna look like Pauly D.

Also I googled that speaker set and it looks like it's just a pair of subwoofers... That's not going to do you any good.

beats.. they have hinges im preety sure.. i mean these:

what u think im talking about is probably these:

on the contrary, thanks for the info bout the speakers. definitely gonna talk to the guy at guitar center bout what i should buy instead.

I don't mean hinges like that, I mean ones designed so you can wear one ear and fold the other round the back, like this:

And anyway, the other points still stand. They're not amazing headphones, and they're not great for DJing, but because Dr. Dre says they're great half the world has bought them.

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast