Help sending Midi from Ableton to Reaktor
    Tech Guru

Default Help sending Midi from Ableton to Reaktor

I'm trying to setup ammobox without much luck. It works by itself, but I cannot get it to be triggered by a midi loop from ableton. >_<

I need some help getting ableton to send a midi stream into reaktor.
    I've not done this before, and cannot find anything on google, and cant seem to figure it out myself after several hours. I am stuck n its frustrating the fuck out of me!

Do I have to run reaktor as a VST or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey bro, I don't have much of a clue on this but try installing some midi router software, I use LoopBe internal midi, but thats for PC so you will need something else. Once you have done that hit the midi config page and turn the "midi router name" output on. Now you should be able to set the "Midi To" to your midi router and set the channel to whatever you want to use. Now in Reaktor you should be able to set the Midi in to the channel you chose for the midi router. Hope that helps. If not, no doubt BentoSan has this sussed

Don't forget to listen to our show Monday night yo, live D&B FTW! Its going to be sic.

Tech Guru

Cheers, I'll try that. I just thought it would be way more simple.. i mean cant ableton send out midi data (like a midi controller) and reaktor just take in that midi data ? :\

Yeah bro, I plan to, got nets at flat now so should be sweet!

Oh, btw it turns out that I've known one of those guys, Daryl, since I was like.. 5. lol.

Tech Guru

Sic, just used some MIDI routing software and its kick'n now. Fuck this rocks. You need to try it out. So fuk'n dope.

I personally use Reaktor as a VST inside of Ableton then route a midi track into Reaktor from Ableton.

And yes its very dope

Tech Guru

What are the advantages of doing it that way ?

Im using MIDIPatchBay which seems to work sweet, but perhaps might add to latency?

Im <3'n the reaktor+ableton combo. Very sweet. got some nice synths now I might start using. Scratching Basslines could be cool. Hahahah.

It might add to latency but it would not be by incredibly much.
    There are not alot of advantages besides the obvious ones - it loads everytime you open your live file and its easier to route into your mixing setup for master fx/smartmixing of what Ammobox is playing and its much more organised than running this beside my Traktor-Ableton setup.