Beginners Guide To Mastering DJ Mixes - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

question. is there a way to compress a wav. file that exceeds the cd-r's limit, so that it can fit on an audio cd - but still universally playable on most cd players?

Not unless you pitch the whole thing faster. With CD the limitation is either 74 minutes or 80 minutes depending on which size CD you buy.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

90 Minutes CDs are available as well, but then you need to be lucky if your CD-Drive accepts them (ie. Car-Audio).
    I mix stuff on my things...

Does anyone know how to lower the bitrate so I can fit it? It's at 320 right now & would like to lower to atleast 196.

In most audio editors when you "save as" you have the option of file format, bitrate etc. You can also reencode using itunes, just go to preferences and change the import settings. Just remember if you want to burn a mix off onto a cd, keep it under that magical 80 min mark (unless you burn as an mp3 disc of course)
    Last edited by Jester; 06-24-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    In most audio editors when you "save as" you have the option of file format, bitrate etc. You can also reencode using itunes, just go to preferences and change the import settings. Just remember if you want to burn a mix off onto a cd, keep it under that magical 80 min mark (unless you burn as an mp3 disc of course)
    Thanks man

Audcity also has a Hard Limiter, though not as feature rich as the one in Adobes product.

Before Hard limiter:

After Hard limiter:

Looks better to me! Can't really heard much of a difference though, expect for the vol being a bit lower (obviously). I don't know the quality of Audacity's Hard Limiter, so feel free to correct me
    Last edited by decon; 07-25-2011 at 01:48 PM.

i would suggest setting your maximum volume to -1db or -.1db.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Very useful thread! Thank you.
    Novation ReMote 25, Novation Launchpad, Traktor Pro, Macbook Pro
    http://flavors.me/jkcraven

thought i'd bump this thread. very helpful
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast