CDJ850 soundcards and macbook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default CDJ850 soundcards and macbook

Hey guys, I just purchased a new macbook pro the other day and now I am trying to hook my cdj850's with traktor pro 2. I am familiar with asio4all on my pc but now with the mac I have no idea how to configure the audio settings in traktor to work with both external soundcards. I dont know a lot about this stuff so if someone can help me out thaty would be HUGE. Now that ive spent all this money i would like for it all to work smooth

Thanks a lot!!!

Open Audio Midi Setup (it's presinstalled, just type it into spotlight), and open the audio window. Under the list of devices there's a + button, click it. Select the 2 soundcards, then I assume you click OK or whatever (not at my mac right now). Done.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot, i thought that was going to solve all my problems but it didnt

I guess i really just dont know how to set this up so that each cdj controls their own deck and plays out of their own channels on my mixer. Im kind of new to the digital djing thing so if you could help me out I will love you forever.

Thanks again

Are you using Traktor? The manual's a very good place to start and shows how to set everything up, but anything you can't work out I'm happy to help.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

i will ask my brother if you don't solve it he had 2 850's and a macbook

are u connecting both players by usb?

they should be coming up as separate soundcards in traktor or in the audio/midi settings

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot guys, I am using traktor pro 2 and connecting them through usb. Ive read the manual and for some reason can not figure out what exactly I am not setting up right. Its really hard for me to get this all set up because I was in a car accident and broke both my legs so i cant really have my cdjs hooked up while I am responding to you guys. I merged my cdj soundcards on my mac and am using that option for my audio setup > audio device. I guess my problem is in the output routing or input routing? Not really sure what I need to have selected in the output routing. Thanks again for all your help.

I'm not totally familiar with the setup of the 850 sound cards, can you post your list of options in in and output settings?

Tech Wizard

output routing:
    1. output L
    2. output R
    3. aggregate device 2
    4. aggregate device 3

--tried setting agg. device 2 in slots 1 and 2 in deck 1, and agg. device 3 in deck 2 slots 1 and 2....still got the same result.

input routing:
    1. not connected
    2. not connected
    Last edited by bhop; 06-16-2011 at 08:08 AM.

By that I meant all the options available to you in each list, are there no inputs? What are you actually trying to do with the CDJs, use them as controllers for Traktor or play CDs through Traktor's audio thru?

Tech Wizard

Those are all of the options available, sorry if the way i wrote it wasnt clear.

For the output routing, those are the four options i have available in each dropdown list and my mixing mode is set to external since i have a mixer hooked up.

Same with the input routing, there are no available options in the dropdown list besides not connected.

I am just trying to use the cdjs as they would normally be used just through traktor? Sorry im not sure how to really answer that hahaha. I really hope im giving enough info for you to help me out, im not sure what else I can say. Thats what im given and I am not able to get each cdj to work on seperate channels.

Could it be the way i set up the controller manager for my cdjs. I mean all I did was import the cdj850 .tsi file and use that, is there more I had to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast