[OT] Have you got that tune which goes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    23

    Default [OT] Have you got that tune which goes...

    Just a little let of of steam from recent gigs and I'm pretty sure that some others of you have this problem as well... the classic, Have you got that tune which goes 'doo doo di daa'. or some incoherant lyrics, or the wrong name of the song...'that shuffling song' for LMFAO - Party rock anthem, or my personal favourite Rihanna 'M & S'. I have tried many approaches to combatting this but am interested in how you guys either politely or impolitely deal with this

    Chris
    www.chrisindigital.com
    Twitter @Chrisindigital

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalrebel View Post
    Just a little let of of steam from recent gigs and I'm pretty sure that some others of you have this problem as well... the classic, Have you got that tune which goes 'doo doo di daa'. or some incoherant lyrics, or the wrong name of the song...'that shuffling song' for LMFAO - Party rock anthem, or my personal favourite Rihanna 'M & S'. I have tried many approaches to combatting this but am interested in how you guys either politely or impolitely deal with this

    Chris
    www.chrisindigital.com
    Twitter @Chrisindigital
    "yea yea, i know what your talking about... sorry i dont think i have it."

  3. #3
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    When I was working in the record shop and people came in asking stuff like that I would get them to sing it. Good times
    Chris Jennings FHP

    Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor jimbob5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dortmund, Germany
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsplayer2 View Post
    "yea yea, i know what your talking about... sorry i dont think i have it."
    +1
    Although you have to take the risk that they flick an ipod and say "its on here somewhere, play it". That's what annoys me quite a lot.
    _________________________________
    www.maximumbreaks.de

  5. #5
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston/Worcester
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Most of us are hired to entertain the crowd.....very few are big enough to draw a crowd that wants to hear whatever you feel like playing for music. I dont find requests annoying.. I think of them as a part of my job that I'm paid to do

  6. #6
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    +1
    Although you have to take the risk that they flick an ipod and say "its on here somewhere, play it". That's what annoys me quite a lot.
    playing off an ipod thats someone elses is dangerous... beat matching it in, then the quality, then if theres drop outs, and it make be illegal with like company name drops in...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    +1
    Although you have to take the risk that they flick an ipod and say "its on here somewhere, play it". That's what annoys me quite a lot.
    "sorry man my computer freezes if i try to play an ipod"

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    157

    Default

    next time i DJ a bar, im getting a buddy to come along to be my interferrence

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Nesquigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    next time i DJ a bar, im getting a buddy to come along to be my interferrence
    do that all the time. i buy bk + get free drinks for him ----> he drives and runs cover for me while i keep the cans on all night.

    or until a cute girl walks up. then he gets the wave through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

  10. #10
    Tech Mentor other1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240

    Default

    give guests pen and paper, if they can write it down i do my best to play it-, also works asd a memory card for me as i got the same memory capacity as a goldfish
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

    Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •