Macbook and TP2 - Optimizing OS?

Default Macbook and TP2 - Optimizing OS?

Hi all, don't remember if I presented myself, so....
    My name is Pablo, I'm from Chile and 23 years old. Been DJing since I was 15 but now doing it more often (almost every weekend).

I use a Macbook (v2.1 C2D 2GHz) to run Traktor Pro and a few days ago, a friend lend me his copy of TP2 so I can test run it in my macbook and see how it runs. It run pretty well, but frizzed sometimes, specially when changing effects via the midi controller (turning the knob so I can choose an effect), and sometimes when loading a track (really when analyzing a track..)

Is there a way to optimize my Macbook (the OS really) so I can run TP2 with no frizzing? I usually turn off Airport and BT, and close all the apps (but there are still some running like dropbox, salling clicker.)

Thanks in advance and regards from Chile!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Just repair disk permissions and run Onyx every now and then.

The freezing issues you encountered are mainly due to low latency with your specs. Analyzing a track is a CPU intensive process so you should analyze your collection before playing.

pre-analyze your tracks and increase latency a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    pre-analyze your tracks and increase latency a bit
    So is mainly a latency problem then. And what about when the GUI of Traktor freeze but the track keeps on playing.. is that latency problem as well?

How can I keep the latency low and fixing these problems? (I really liked TP2 and want to upgrade, but is that or a new laptop..)

Padi_04,
    I already repair permissions every 2 weeks and run Onyx before every gig. Adding more ram, or increasing the size of the hdd would better up the performance in TP2?

Thank for those fast answers!
    Last edited by paul_monk3y; 06-15-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Quit all other running applications that are not needed, turn airport off, check your activity monitor see if there is anything eating up all your ram and processor
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

The update sorted that stuff out for me.

Make sure you running 2.0.2.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin