Forum Suggestion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Forum Suggestion

Evening fellow DJTTers

I have noticed recently a large number of beginners joining the forum, all asking similiar questions. Barely a day goes by without hearing
    What conroller should I get?
    etc etc.

Now I understand that this a an important part of the buying process, is researching your options, getting opinions etc. These people asking questions are more than welcome to ask, and are also more than welocome of the forums.

However, as almost all the questions seem to be of the same generic type, I proprose that the Mods/Admins set up a new section of the forum for beginners. Such a division would be beficial to all members, as the less experienced people would be able to easily navigate their way to the beginners section and look at the problems their fellow DJs/Producers are having, instead of having to dig though a mountain of old posts, as unfortunatly, the search button seems to be broken.

So, in doing this, this would free the General Discussion section up for it's intended purpose - General Discussion.

So, what is everybody's opion on this?

i asked this last year and it did not get done.

its like we have an s4 section now but still most of s4 questions end up in here

but i have always said a help section would be great like on ableton.com

inb4 s4 or vci

It might lead to people ignoring the n00b posts and them not getting the answers they need though.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Keep it as is. If there was a beginners section, a lot of more experienced people wouldn't bother checking it out. Which would lower the amount of helpful responses. IMO it's easy to just skip over threads entitled "which blah blah should I get?" if you aren't interested in helping out someone new.

the problem is tho "noobs" dont use the search forum
    and i don't think its fair to the members who have been here longer having to go looking for threads when its just common sense to search before asking.

Don't get me wrong i am always happy to help and no matter how many times the same question comes up i will always help,its just 90% of the time its been asked before and would take OP less time to look for it than to wait for an answer.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have no doubt creating a noob section will lead to just a few of us being the only ones to answer questions. Plus they would still post in general regardless of what sections were available.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Plus they would still post in general regardless of what sections were available.
    so true.

I think what this site needs is a wiki that only registered forum users can update (perhaps users with a certain post count or join date?).

Think about it - there are a BUNCH of useful tutorials, guides, faq's on this site.. but none of it is in a format that is easy to edit, update and search.

edit: here's how to do it:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112973
    http://www.nuhit.com/products/vbwiki.html
    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extens...rs_Integration

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I have no doubt creating a noob section will lead to just a few of us being the only ones to answer questions. Plus they would still post in general regardless of what sections were available.
    Fair enough. This was just an idea, and it's good to see everyone putting in their two cents on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I think what this site needs is a wiki that only registered forum users can update (perhaps users with a certain post count or join date?).

Think about it - there are a BUNCH of useful tutorials, guides, faq's on this site.. but none of it is in a format that is easy to edit, update and search.

edit: here's how to do it:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112973
    http://www.nuhit.com/products/vbwiki.html
    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extens...rs_Integration
    I'm totally with you on that one. The problem with it was always who gets rights to edit, but since you can base it on post count that makes a lot of sense. A troll filter if you will.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast