BCD 3000 Mapping (for Traktor Pro) - Using Modes - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It seems to come on for a number of button compressions then go off.
    Can you be a little more specific?

-To have a LED light only when held set: (like for a modifier button)
    Map the button to the control you want to light up only when held.
    1.Highlight the Control and click Duplicate
    2.Change the Interaction Mode to Output
    3.Change the assigned MIDI key in the pull-down menu next to Learn. The numbers start with CC. Use the manual and my cheat-sheet to find the corresponding number
    4. then set the following:
    Controller Range Min = 1 Max = 7
    Midi-range Min = 127 Max = 63
    Check Invert

-To have a Led light blink with the beat:
    1.Click "Add"
    2.Select "Output"
    3.Click on Beat Phase Monitor
    4.Assign the deck
    5.Select the corresponding CC

-As for the scratch issue, in my opinion, it must be how TP works, cause I've tried about every combination I can think of. When the 'SCRATCH' button is pressed the deck stops, then resumes after scratching. Anyways, the "JOG" wheel on the BCD3000 is just an endless potentiometer, not the best for scratching.
    Last edited by cheft; 02-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Here is a blank BCD3000 template for you to use to express your mappings to others, avoiding a messy text file.

I have done that process you explained on instructables.com however when i press the button and let go the light stays on

hmmmmm
    You have the BCD3000 software set to STANDARD MODE?

Upload your TSi and I can take a look for you.

hey guys nice to meet you and thank you for your posts, i really appreciate your inputs on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackman25 View Post
    i have tried your tip on the above subject and it's not working. It seems to come on for a number of button compressions then go off. HELP!!! I have done that process you explained on instructables.com however when i press the button and let go the light stays on
    i am confused here, are you using the mapping posted here or your own?

the l.e.d.'s on my mapping respond in different ways, mostly depending on the function i have mapped it to.

for example, the l.e.d.'s on the mode buttons will stay on after you have selected the mode (until you deselect or switch to another mode), to indicate which mode is engaged.

other l.e.d.'s, like on the shift and engage buttons, will only light up while it is held down (because they are temporary functions).

is this what you were talking about?

Yes, he wants to have a button only lit when it is pressed. He has not yet told me which button.

You can have "shift" or Modifier stay lit easily. You must map two functions to the button you wish to Modify.
    1. Set M1 = 0 and have it Set to value 1
    2. Set M1 = 1 and have it Set to value 0
    3. Lastly, set the Ouput LED for the button to:
    Controller Range Min = 1 Max = 7
    Midi-range Min = 127 Max = 63
    Check Invert

http://www.instructables.com/id/SRNU1EBFOWZPIC9/

P.S. I'll take any tips and tricks you have and gladly add them to the Instructable, with props to you of course!
    Last edited by cheft; 02-17-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    Great work! I have a map for the BCD3000 that's just general. I personally use a custom map, and suggest all people make it custom to their own workflows.
    thanks man, i'm glad we're on the same page here. custom mappings is the way to go people!

i actually started using traktor with your (cheft's) mapping, but me and my BCD have come a long way since then!

what sort of features have you integrated into your own personal custom mapping?

Some tips:
    -Macro the Filter On to the same knob as the Filter, so when you move the knob, even if it is off, it will turn on!
    LOL. this was just me being the n00b i can't help but be sometimes. i was so focused on getting the midi mapping working that the fact that people would be using different settings in traktor hadn't even crossed my mind!

since then i have fixed up all the bugs mentioned, but the appearance of another has been preventing me from releasing the next version (and was wondering if you had any suggestions).

basically one of my faders is set to control 3 chained effect ons. the 3 effect ons are macro'd to the same fader, with the interaction modes set to direct, and the type of controller to relative fader/knob. the value of sensitivity is set differently for each effect on, so that at 1/4 of the way, one effect turns on, another at 1/2, and the third at 3/4.

this was working fine for a while, that is, until i fixed/added a few things to the mapping. after this the effect on that normally engages a 1/4 of the way, does not recognise this anymore and the only work-around i have so far is to crank the sensivity up. but surely if this new mapping was loaded onto a another traktor and bcd, the sensitivity would yet again react differently. any ideas?

didn't expect a reply so soon!

P.S. I'll take any tips and tricks you have and gladly add them to the Instructable, with props to you of course!
    you are welcome to post my mode setup technique anywhere you see fit! does it involve me writing up a tutorial though? gulp! :eek: hehe

Mapping a knob control the way you described has never worked well for me using solely Traktor Pro. I use Bome's Midi Translator and route my BCD through it. Another nice feature is that you can use a keypres as a modifier on the MIDI IN (which is to be added in the upcoming update of TP).

My layout is pretty straight forward, but uses a variety of controllers. I like flashy lights with the beats and use Bome's to Modify so I can select between all 4 decks. Got a wireless keypad I use for that. I took the ends off the tempo faders cause they get in the way of the jogs. The jogs I use a lot for folder/file browsing and track seeking. Looping button with LED and the two above it increase and decrease loop size. I'm not happy to have to use a modifier on the FX section, and have another DIY project in the works. I use a homemade controller to drop and hit cue points. It's all a confusing mess and uses so many inputs I've never posted the TSI as it wouldn't make sense for most. That's why I made the cheesy map for n00bs and tell them to create their own.

Quote Originally Posted by haangout View Post
    basically one of my faders is set to control 3 chained effect ons. the 3 effect ons are macro'd to the same fader, with the interaction modes set to direct, and the type of controller to relative fader/knob. the value of sensitivity is set differently for each effect on, so that at 1/4 of the way, one effect turns on, another at 1/2, and the third at 3/4.

this was working fine for a while, that is, until i fixed/added a few things to the mapping. after this the effect on that normally engages a 1/4 of the way, does not recognise this anymore and the only work-around i have so far is to crank the sensivity up. but surely if this new mapping was loaded onto a another traktor and bcd, the sensitivity would yet again react differently.
    this issue has been driving me up the wall lately. everytime i load traktor the sensitivity levels on the faders change. is this also a traktor bug (can't handle multiple assignments to a single control)? or a driver/hardware bug?

Mapping a knob control the way you described has never worked well for me using solely Traktor Pro. I use Bome's Midi Translator and route my BCD through it.
    is bome's more stable at handling these sort of tasks? i've read about bome's, and it seems appealing although i was enjoying the simplicity of having everything controlled within traktor.

I'm not happy to have to use a modifier on the FX section, and have another DIY project in the works. I use a homemade controller to drop and hit cue points. It's all a confusing mess and uses so many inputs I've never posted the TSI as it wouldn't make sense for most.
    yeah personally i have a korg nanopad to handle effects and cue points directly. i use a modified version of the current .tsi (basically added the nanopad controls). however the x-y pad has been malfunctioning (after 1 week!:eek: do i have the worst luck or what?!) so its getting sent back for a replacement.

That's why I made the cheesy map for n00bs and tell them to create their own.
    LOL. dude, it ALL makes sense now! (edit: j/k users!!! i will release as soon as i fix things! )
    Last edited by haangout; 02-22-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast