iPod Dj Cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod Dj Cables

Tech Wizard

Default iPod Dj Cables

So I was lurking around the web when I found this little gem

https://store.griffintechnology.com/...ign=Algoriddim

Yes, some people think its a joke when it comes to Djing with an iDevice. Im right in the middle of the debate. I'll be getting this because it fits in your pocket and when your going from house party to house party in college some one is bound to need a dj for a couple hours. Oh and because it will turn some heads when people see me djing with just my iPhone
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

Tech Guru

The bad part of it is that both the sound output and the headphone output will be Mono and maybe lower then the original stereo sound...

Quote Originally Posted by DjSpekz View Post
    Oh and because it will turn some heads when people see me djing with just my iPhone
    I'm sure it will - they'll be looking for a DJ.
    356 reasons why

lol@jon

i would never dj with my ipad2 i only use it as a controller

but to use it as a full on dj app i think its stupid and sounds gash

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think being in mono is really a deal breaker. Lots of clubs if not most are setup in mono anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm on Jojo with the mono part. It's definitely noticeable in sound experience, but then again, people will be drunk, and most partygoers won't even notice it.

I've been to parties where the DJ didn't even match tempos, and people danced happily through the mess of sound that came up between tracks.

I'd be a little queesy about spinning on an iPhone, but if it runs on an iPad too, then it sounds decent, if at anything, workable.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Wizard

http://www.alesis.com/iodock

i think this would be interesting for an actually club set up,

makes the ipad look like a legit piece of dj gear..

Tech Guru

Yeah think the iodock would be nice too... Means it could be a full midicontroller and soundcard all customizable and ideal for recording too
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSpekz View Post
    So I was lurking around the web when I found this little gem

https://store.griffintechnology.com/...ign=Algoriddim

Yes, some people think its a joke when it comes to Djing with an iDevice. Im right in the middle of the debate. I'll be getting this because it fits in your pocket and when your going from house party to house party in college some one is bound to need a dj for a couple hours. Oh and because it will turn some heads when people see me djing with just my iPhone
    All I can say is enjoy DJing on your iPhone for a "couple of hours". That just sounds awful (pun intended).

Tech Guru

I have the DJay iPad app that these are designed for and it's a interesting toy and a great time waster when I'm traveling but no where close to having even just a Laptop with me. It's a great way to preview tracks and to see if you like them next to other tracks but it's not quite there yet. I'm hoping for either,
    A.) a Native Instrument developed App that would allow controls either over MIDI/USB or MIDI WiFi. (Yes I have Touch OSC and it's good it's not great)
    B.) a Full on DJ Setup with quick control between decks (even have 2 iPads linked for the people who have 2) and a full on mixer screen.

I know it'll happen. Apple has fully backed the Djay App as far as advertising so it's not going anywhere. My fear is that it will dumb down even further the idea of a Digital DJ.

We were so busying asking ourselves if we could DJ with just it, we never stopped to ask ourselves if we should.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast