Traktor / TouchOSC MIDI Mapping video tutorials

Default Traktor / TouchOSC MIDI Mapping video tutorials

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this. Hoping it may be of use to anyone new to mapping TSIs...

It's a short series of video tutorials showing how to map MIDI ins and outs in Traktor to TouchOSC.

http://digitaldjtools.net/news/trakt...ping-tutorial/

It begins with very basics, like creating basic volume fader, crossfader and play controls in TouchOSC and mapping these to Traktor.

Mapping MIDI Outs from Traktor to LEDs in TouchOSC is also covered, as well as using Modifiers in Traktor to make LED toggles for deck assignment in TouchOSC.

There are also a few tips and tricks showing how I made some of the special functions in the layouts available on the digitaldjtools.net website.

Tech Wizard

hi mate,

have seen your vids on touchosc, very helpful indeed.

i have an android tablet and no ipad so i am having to make do without "multi" devices and more specifically encoders and getting my custom mapping to my device by hacking the original apk.

do you know if it is possible to map a fader in touch osc to act like a touchstrip, i found this post about liine and how someone has mapped it to act like the twitch stip but to be honest i find it a bit confusing

or perhaps getting a regular rotary to act 360degrees around as a virtual encoder??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I don't have any Android devices myself, just iOS. On the latest version of TouchOSC you have the option of adding a rotary encoder but I'm guessing this is not on option on Android.

I know it's not possible to add scripting to TouchOSC like you can in Lemur, so your options are pretty limited for making your own customisations.

Have you asked for help on the TouchOSC / hexer.net forum about this?

Tech Wizard

not as yet, i managed to figure it out by trial and error eventually, i only needed it to move the track a bit to drop cue points and loops and to nudge it when playing, managed to get the jog turn command to work as i had hoped in the end.

thanks for the reply tho, your vids are really helpful.
    Last edited by bidders; 01-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.