TPro + Audiofire 2 on osX = dropout / crash in sound

Default TPro + Audiofire 2 on osX = dropout / crash in sound

Hi all.

So I've been out playing a couple of times with TPro 1.0.2.011 along with my new Echo Audiofire 2 on a mint MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.6. Everytime I've been playing, TPro either drops the sound for a couple of seconds and then continues or totally stops everything, until I restart and the crowd throws drinks at me (this doesn't happend when playing with my internal soundcard). I don't see any crashlog in the specified directories. I'm all out of options and I have a couple of gigs coming up soon - so please DJTT, someone, anyone can you help me?
    For controlling TPro I'm also using a VCI-100.

Regards Rasmus

Hey have you tried to higher the latency settings? That could be causing your audio drop outs. Also do you have the most up to date drivers for your sound card?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Yes, I've both tried different latency settings and frequenzy (kHz) settings. The dropouts are like freezes where the audio sometimes stutters a bit, then goes quiet and sometimes (if I'm lucky) the programme then continues playing like nothing happened - until it happends again :S

This was happening to me with my m-audio conectiv. The weird this is with I mess around with mixxx on linux I get no drop outs. So I just said fuck and got a new sound card. Some times technology doesn't want to play together.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Hmm, this is just typical.. I just changed my Numark I/O out to get better performance with the Audiofire 2 - and now this? Most DJ's aren't made out of money, so there is a limit as to when I cannot buy new soundcards to just test if they work with my system? It can't be like that?
    Is there anyone with a functioning Audiofire 2 on a MacBook perhaps? Next step must be to contact Echo?

Tech Wizard

Hey there rallevondalle

Does it only happen while you are playing out with the power cable connected? If so, check out this thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/for...er=desc&page=2

hello my fellow beat luving junkies(with all respect)...so i've also been having a hassle with my sound fr T3 it sounds almost static if not robotic like...was running TPRO on xp (worked like a charm)...now running T3 on vista ultimate...i tweaked around with my sound config...latency...Hz what have you...all with no results...any suggestions...tks in advance...ohhh i am using internal sound card 7.1 sorround(stock).

Quote Originally Posted by dj_ajay View Post
    Hey there rallevondalle

Does it only happen while you are playing out with the power cable connected? If so, check out this thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/for...er=desc&page=2
    I've only tried playing without the power cable, I'm running it only on FIREWIRE. I've reinstalled my OS (because of a major error not related to DJ'ing hehe), so I'll post as soon as I've tested it on this fresh install - problem might've disappeared hehe.

Cheers