Toshiba satellite l40-12k with tsp2?

Default Toshiba satellite l40-12k with tsp2?

Hey guys, I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L40-12K for Dj'ing purposes (I've only installed traktor on it, and a music production application, and I've also disabled wifi).

I've seen the minimum specs for TSP2 are 2 gigs of ram... The questions is; can this laptop handle Traktor Scratch Pro 2 (with a normal latency), or should I save up money for an other laptop and buy TSP2 later?

Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core T2130 / 1.86 GHz ( Dual-Core )
    Cache Memory 1 MB - L2 Cache
    RAM 2 GB

More specs: http://www.compari.ro/notebook-lapto...rodusului.html

Note; it's always worked fine with Traktor scratch duo 1!
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Tech Mentor

Hmm, I think it's gonna be a close call. TSP2 is a lot more CPU intensive than TSP1 actually, and that Dual Core is pretty old and slow. Traktor doesn't require much, but this just might not cut it. Can't tell for sure though.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Guru

I run traktor pro 2 on a netbook with 2 gig of ram and a intel atom processor and it does the job, the traktor "cpu" meter goes in the red quite a bit but ive never had a audio drop out or sound glitch and has ran 4 controllers and an ipad with pretty good performance
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Hmm, I think it's gonna be a close call. TSP2 is a lot more CPU intensive than TSP1 actually, and that Dual Core is pretty old and slow. Traktor doesn't require much, but this just might not cut it. Can't tell for sure though.
    I guess I'll just give it a go then...

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    I run traktor pro 2 on a netbook with 2 gig of ram and a intel atom processor and it does the job, the traktor "cpu" meter goes in the red quite a bit but ive never had a audio drop out or sound glitch and has ran 4 controllers and an ipad with pretty good performance
    Allright, hope I can trust you
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Tech Guru

If my camera would work id show you :P, pics of mysetup are in the show your setup section and it has everything that I ran on it :P including 2 normal decks and 2 sample decks and 2 effects banks, didnt use 4 since i dont need them my effects always stay the same
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    If my camera would work id show you :P, pics of mysetup are in the show your setup section and it has everything that I ran on it :P including 2 normal decks and 2 sample decks and 2 effects banks, didnt use 4 since i dont need them my effects always stay the same
    I trust you ;-)
    Only difference is that I use timecode...

Strip the operating system down and you're in a with a halfway decent chance.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.