Installing vST's from FL Studio to Ableton
    Tech Convert

Default Installing vST's from FL Studio to Ableton

There is a vST called Gross beat(comes with FL Studio) that I would like to use in Ableton. I run FL Studio as the slave. I have copied the .DLL file from Fl Studio into the vST folder in my program files and it won't show up in Ableton. I realize this is a very common problem when installing new vST's into Ableton and I have taken the necessary steps to trouble shoot this issue (refreshing, double checking folder placement and the works)

Can anyone help me out? It's making me go insane and I usually don't have these issues.

Tech Wizard

Default Might be wrong but...

Some FL studio plugins are locked to FL studio. (as in there is the VSTi version and the FL plugin version)

You can use FL as in instrument from ableton, this loads up FL and just load the VST that you want into the first track and this will then play midi from ableton.
    (something like that anyway)
    Last edited by dryzero; 06-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Check on the FL site if there is a vst version

Forgive me if you have already tried this, but have you made sure that ableton is reading the correct VST plugin folder? (I believe its VST library or something or other in the preferences). Then try re-scanning the folder for VSTs in ableton.

PS i have done this before. Managed to use Sawer in Ableton. Wish they'd make a VST for Sytrus

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dryzero View Post
    Some FL studio plugins are locked to FL studio. (as in there is the VSTi version and the FL plugin version)

You can use FL as in instrument from ableton, this loads up FL and just load the VST that you want into the first track and this will then play midi from ableton.

Would you mind elaborating on this topic? I rewire but im not sure I know how to do what you're talking about... It sounds like a good option though.

P.S. I mainly want to use gross beat to manipulate vocal cuts in ableton.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ZooTV View Post
    Forgive me if you have already tried this, but have you made sure that ableton is reading the correct VST plugin folder? (I believe its VST library or something or other in the preferences). Then try re-scanning the folder for VSTs in ableton.

PS i have done this before. Managed to use Sawer in Ableton. Wish they'd make a VST for Sytrus
    I have added Gross Beat to my VST Folder in my program files and re scanned many times. It's a bummer because I don't want to re buy the VST. lol

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dryzero View Post

I think this is the issue. I have taken all the necessary trouble shooting steps and it still wont work.. I bet you're right. Thanks for the info!

Tech Wizard

Yes I think you might be stuck here, I think you can only use FL studio as an instrument so if you can only send midi.

If you want to mess with audio you will have to do that within FL.

According to Image-Line's website, Gross Beat is available as an FL Studio plugin as well as VSTi. Make sure you didn't copy the FL Studio plugin to the VST folder as opposed to the intended VSTi DLL file (I believe they both end in DLL, so there's no obvious difference when viewing them from Windows Explorer.)