1 more TraKtor question for u guys :-)
    Tech Wizard

Default 1 more TraKtor question for u guys :-)

aiight... trying to do something and not sure i can.. runnin in circles again..
    so there are 2 effects slots or whatever right.. 1 and 2..
    now is there a way to apply different effects on both decks at same time..?

ehhmm didnt ask that right..not clear at all..

Ok lets say I have a gater on deck 1 from slot 2 along with a LFO on deck 2 from slot 1

now i want a reverb flot slot 1 on deck 1 without it being on deck 2 cause slot 1 is gonna be enabled.. thus picking up deck 2 aswell

ok.. maybe someone out there understood this.. sorry..

and also anyone use the korgnanokontrol with traktor? i cant keep playin around in traktor with my trackpad anymore or mouse.. i feel like im gonna go crazy its like mixing by poking stuff and using 1 finger

Is this a Traktor Pro question, or a Traktor DJ Studio question?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

First, check out the mapping section of the forum. People are using the nanokontrol.

Second, I think this is in Traktor Pro. If both effects banks are chained (three effects to one bank) then they do not have to be the same. You can load whatever effects you want into each.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

yeah traktor pro sorry about that..

what do you mean they dont have to be same?
    lets say effects1 tab has 3 slots for effects..
    how do i put reverb on deck 1 and delay on deck 2 without the reverb affecting deck 2 (i am not putting the delay from effects tab 2 because its already doing something else..)

maybe that was better explained thisway..
    thanks ill check out the forums for the nanokontrol
    :-)

ooooh... that you can't do. You'd need to have two different banks, one with delay and one with reverb. There are rumors of Native Instruments adding another two effect banks, but those are just rumors right now.

It's loaded by bank. SO if Bank 1 has Delay, Reverb and Echo you could not assign Reverb alone to Deck A and Echo alone to Deck B.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

i see...
    hmmmm
    ok... and emmm is there a workaround for that?....
    another thing.... lets say i put a gater on bank 2... i have all the control knobs for it.. but if i put it on bank 1.. i only have 1 knob.. so cant fix the shape or noise.. etc..

adding more effect banks would be awesome because.. i cant see how else u can mix the 4 decks with only 2 effect banks...

oh another thing then while im at it..
    lets say i have a song at 130bpm.. and another at 62 or something..
    so i bring the 62 up to 65.. and have it cut in between hits.. but the stupid slider wont be precise.. it keeps goin to like.. 65.07 or 64.99
    orrr... if i have a song thats at 120.. and i want to bring it up to like.. 135.. it wont go up there.. it stops before..
    anyway to change that?

hmmm man.. i got like 1 million questions.. but its so hard to explain them without someone next to me to show to... props to all you guys for figuring this thing out.. on the surface its all nice and easy.. but when u get into it.. gets damn nasty and complicated.. hehe love it!
    Last edited by bLAstoiD; 02-09-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Okay, the effects you should read up on in the manual. You have two options, chained and advanced. You can set a hotkey to switch these, which I'd recommend.

In the chained effect bank (3 effects in one) the knobs are dynamic, sort of like smart knobs or super knobs, and control all three parameters at once. You can't control them individually, but you can chain the effects together.

Mixing four decks with two effects banks can be done well, it just comes down to your style and technique. A good place to start is creating hotkeys to reassign multiple settings of the effect bank.

The fader won't be precise because you are working at percentage increments with numbers that do not divide equally. When your pitch resolution is 10% (with two more decimal places), you only have 128 steps (for MIDI) to react to. This will cause all sorts of problems, as 128 is a lot less than the 1000 steps it would take to accurately replicate a 10% pitch fade to the hundredth decimal in accuracy.

I have started using buttons (or jogwheels) to fade my pitch instead because that works on the +1 -1 of MIDI and can then accurately pull up all different pitch assignments. It just works at a set speed, which can be a pain in the ass.

You need to go into your Preferences and change the pitch resolution so you can get from 120 to 135. Keep in mind this makes your pitch fader even more useless as small changes will make HUGE jumps in your pitch resolution. I have mine set at 50% and don't have any faders assigned to my pitch. Instead I use buttons to move it up and down, alone with the sync function.

Honestly, a lot of these questions can be answered by looking through the manual. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you may understand this software a lot better if you really try and study up how it works, instead of just what happens when something doesn't work the way you think it should. It has natural limitations built in that you need to work around (like two effects banks), but if you really start to learn how these banks work you can find you have a LOT of control wtih the right personalized set up.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

thanks a lot for the answers man..
    sorry about those questions.. i guess ill read the manual more then..
    just thought would be cool to get input straight up from people who use it and know it good already..

peace

Dude, I got no problem with you asking. I just want to encourage people to read this stuff up for themselves. The answers are there, and if it doesn't make sense I'll gladly help, as will everyone here. Just want to make sure that everyone's learning on their own instead of just getting frustrated and coming here for help

Good luck to you sir
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall