Quick easy question traktor!
    Tech Student

Default Quick easy question traktor!

hey there,

Ive been online and kinda searched for this, i've only come to this conclusion and hoping for an alternative before going to go buy some more expensive gear.

Im rocking 2-tech 12, a 2 channel stanton SK-2F mixer, traktor audio 4 with kontrol x1 and i recently got a sweet deal on a akai mpd24. I've upgraded my traktor scratch duo to scratch pro.

I really want to use those sample decks with my akai mpd24 and use my x1 to control decks A&B...but i cant get the sample decks to play.

I searched online and it said that getting an audio 10 is ideal.

*** Now my question is:
    "Is there any other way to config my traktor so i can use the sample decks with what i got OR do i need to go buy an audio 10 and 4 channel mixer?" ***

any feedback would be great. thanks!

Tech Mentor

I've heard TP2 (and TSP2) support multiple audio streams on 1 channel, so you can route both deck A and the first sample deck to channel 1, and deck B plus sample deck two to channel 2. It'll take some time to get used to I suppose, but at least you don't have to buy an Audio 10.

You could also start mixing internally..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

I use my MPD16 to launch the samples but I still Haven't taken the time to map it out so I can load a sample from my library to the sample decks.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Student

Awesome thanks guys,

the routing worked and my samples are playing, i didnt think my question was gonna be solved that easily