Question for Mac Users - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Dont forget that when new mac products come out all the discontinued stuff gets a nice price slash. They have been talking about dual core & quad core iMacs coming out soon
    I'll bear that in mind, man. Any idea when they're supposed to be getting released?

I've also been looking at some refurbished iMacs and Macbook Pro's on Apple's website.

Where do you guys stand on buying a refurbished Mac?

In regards to the new iMac, its hard to say when they are released but I would check out sites like www.appleinsider.com and www.macrumors.com

If you get a refurbished item from Apple you should be good.

If you are buying a refurbished mac make sure they have sometype of return or exchange program.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    In regards to the new iMac, its hard to say when they are released but I would check out sites like www.appleinsider.com and www.macrumors.com

If you get a refurbished item from Apple you should be good.

If you are buying a refurbished mac make sure they have sometype of return or exchange program.
    Yeah, I'll be sure to check those out. Thanks for the heads up!!

Just been looking through Apples webstore. Their refurbished products are covered by a years limited warranty.

Plus, I just found out today that my employer runs a discount scheme which includes Apple as one of the included retailers. I can get a 7.5% discount off any purchase.

Think i'll keep checking their refurbished section and see if i can grab a bargain!!

Tech Guru

Dont get refurb from apple.

Go on Ebay and get one of the latest edition (or close to it) Macbook Pro. You wont be dissapointed.

I have a 15.4" with maxed out specs (2.6 & 4 gig ram.) and its the awesome.. I paid $4500nz for mine new, but you can get models close to it 2nd hand for around $2000, so IMO that is the way to go. Heaps of them still have 3 year applecare as well (which you should DEFINATELY get).

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Dont get refurb from apple.

Go on Ebay and get one of the latest edition (or close to it) Macbook Pro. You wont be dissapointed.

I have a 15.4" with maxed out specs (2.6 & 4 gig ram.) and its the awesome.. I paid $4500nz for mine new, but you can get models close to it 2nd hand for around $2000, so IMO that is the way to go. Heaps of them still have 3 year applecare as well (which you should DEFINATELY get).
    Man, I'd love to buy the MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, I don't think my budget can stretch that far (even buying second hand).
    I was gonna buy the desktop Mac to use for production and remixing. Then I can clear a lot of shit off my laptop pc and use it solely for running Traktor.

Tech Mentor

The newer macbooks are WAY beyond a 6 year old one. White, Black whatever. You can get a cover for them.

Not sure why your set on the iMAC?

If I were buying a new computer I would save hard for a new Macbook Pro,
    If that was totally out of my range, I would settle for the Black Macbook.

I use a year old Macbook Pro. And it has spoiled me forever. A friend of mine uses the Black Macbook, and kills it on DigitalDJing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12