Mapping is a PAIN
    Tech Mentor

Default Mapping is a PAIN

So before u read this u should know i have an x1 a 2 chan mixer with and audio 4 and a maschine. I am currently making ma mapping for maschine a midi controller in traktor. i only use 2 decks thats it. i really wanted to have one page of the 16 buttons for hot cues surely controllerist can apppreciate have all 16 hot cues of both decks on one page. try after try making a good mapping is more and more difficult. I kinda have done it but its urg ahh still lil bugs n shit i have some times almost thrown my maschine.... What would make it easier is if i could take a tsi of an x1 for traktor take the tsi duplicate it for generic midi and then map it for the maschine does any one have any tips o feel like this can be such a scik mappin when im done. if people have tips or are interested in the mappin when its done please leave me a comment its good incentive.. sorry for the spelling did this through my phone...

Please tell me you know what midi learn is.

Tech Mentor

come on dude seriously of course i know dip shiat but u dont get it its okay

Tech Guru

cool story bro

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It really ain't that hard mate, just 3 commands per hotcue (set/play, delete and led output) using only 1 modifier. Sort by "Mapped to" and study the X1 map if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by djgringo View Post
    come on dude seriously of course i know dip shiat but u dont get it its okay
    Steady now, bullseye.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Get some paper of print out an template, go nuts with functions, write the midi adresses and man up. I redid my Dicers (60 buttons with an average of 2,5 actions per button) last night, no hickups. Also picked up TouchOSC for funzies and made some templates, mapped that, tried it and worked right off the bat.
    It boils down to getting used to the way Traktor handles its MIDI, knowing what you want and where you want it, getting the adresses and hell fo a lot of mouse work to get all the stuff done.

I hate the way OSX uses the mouse, the mouse acceleration ruins it. Doing some mapping on Windows always speeds things up for me.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

You want someone to help you with the tricky business of assigning hotcues to buttons so you can get to work on a really sick mapping?

Troll post fo sho.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If it's just hot cues it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, for a noob to map the 16 hot cues to one Maschine page. Use the duplicate command to get most of your mapping stuff to the next button then you just need to learn the new button.

Are you using Traktor 2? Try the Maschine mapping that comes with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x