NanoPad 2 vs LPD8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NanoPad 2 vs LPD8

Hi guys,

We've seen the NanoPad vs LPD8 thread before (here)
    And the Nanoseries2 thread (here)

But i'd like to know how the nanopad2 and lpd8 compare
    I want to buy one of them, but don't know which. I will mainly use it for effects and hotcues.

Here some reference:

OLD Nanopad:

NEW Nanopad:

Akai LPD8:
    Last edited by D.S.M.I.T.; 06-20-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

The new nanopad is supposed to be better than the old one (ie not break after 5 minutes) but i suppose it depends how you want to control your FX. instFX a la midifighter you have more pads on the nanopad, if you want knobs you've got the LPD8. The Nanopad can show you all your cues at once, but the LPD8 has LEDs.

I'd go for the LPD8 because it's proven, but it's your call.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I have been thinking about these 2 for a week, and whenever I decide it will be this one, the day after i'd say i'll go for the other one.

I hope some people that own one of them can advice me some more !
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

I got all of them
    The lpd8 has the best pads

The new nanopad2's pads aren't very responsive at all
    They have a better build quality (so far) but the pads are really really stiff
    If you want more buttons at the expense of responsiveness then go for the nanopad2 otherwise save up a bit and get the korg padkontrol , those are great , nice set of 16 pads and they light up as well
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Also think about the option to fight off drunken punters with the LPD8. I bet you could bludgeon someone to death with it, it's that sturdy...
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    I got all of them
    The lpd8 has the best pads

The new nanopad2's pads aren't very responsive at all
    They have a better build quality (so far) but the pads are really really stiff
    If you want more buttons at the expense of responsiveness then go for the nanopad2 otherwise save up a bit and get the korg padkontrol , those are great , nice set of 16 pads and they light up as well
    Great info, thanks for that !

Do you use it with Traktor and how did you map the lpd8 to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Also think about the option to fight off drunken punters with the LPD8. I bet you could bludgeon someone to death with it, it's that sturdy...
    hahah nice detail
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.M.I.T. View Post
    Great info, thanks for that !

Do you use it with Traktor and how did you map the lpd8 to it ?

hahah nice detail
    I used to use the LPD8 with traktor until I bought an X1

I bought the nanoPad2 primarily to control KONG drum pads in Reason 5, I wanted 16 pads to match the 16 on-screen drum pads in KONG but later out I found out that the pads dont feel great at all so i now use the LPD8 with Reason and the nanoPAD2 is gathering dust
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What about the Vestax Pad One? Although it may be vapor ware since outside of one lone ebay seller I can't find any place to buy one.

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/det...19&parent_id=8
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

the same things were also discussed here

i don't think the vestax has been released yet

i spent ages thinking about the same options and finally just went for the lpd8. too many reports of the nano mk1 not lasting long and quite a few about the pads on the mk2 being even worse. ofc it was the sheer number of pads that attracted me but i have my launchpad for loads of (not great) pads so i was just really looking for something for drum programming.

the cc mode button at least gives u quick access to 2 banks of 8 pads. not sure how useful having to press the bank change button followed by hitting a pad is though...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    the cc mode button at least gives u quick access to 2 banks of 8 pads. not sure how useful having to press the bank change button followed by hitting a pad is though...
    To use that bank you have to convert the program change messages to CC messages. You'll need another program and it's a bit fiddly, but in the end very well doable.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast