DnB competition mix for LIR [cz] festival. 3 decks.

Default DnB competition mix for LIR [cz] festival. 3 decks.

Hello DJTT!

It's been couple of month's since my last mix was submited here, hell it might be actually a year or even more than that. A lot have happened since then and today i dipped into 3 deck mixing category. For lot of you, it isn't much impressive feat but in Drum and Bass genre it is. So plz have a look and listen to my competition mix.

The winner gets VIP tickets to LIR [cz] festival and gets a warm up slot for Take Control stage on friday (18-19pm.), so please wish me luck.

Theme of the competition is Shogun Audio recs. Competitors don't have to use all SHA tunes, they can use whatever they want as long as it has the same feel. SHA recs is my very favorite record label so i used mostly it's tunes and mostly tunes from my beloved producers, namely: Alix Perez, Icicle, Break, Rockwell and more.

You don't have to vote or anything, just let me know if you liked it or if you've find some minor mistakes. Please share a comment or two on Soundcloud. thx in advance
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Commented and now following on soundcloud. Good luck on the contest man
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Ill check out your mix mate, where did ya hear about the competition and is it closed already?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Big mix mate! Lots of my fave tunes in there, sounds like you basically took all the big minimal tunes from the past 2 years and shooshed them together. It is very difficult keeping a minimal dnb mix going on 3 decks for and hour long mix. Good work!

My only comment would be that it gets quite busy in places, some of the songs fight each other for sonic space, but thats to be expected with a 3 deck smasher.

Nice mix, good luck in the competition man.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

yeah pretty much as u said the mix feels to be done with "hot needle".. as i was running out of time and couldnt try to do more versions. this was last that was ok. i made the deadline just on time
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII