Need some ipad dudes to help me....
    Tech Guru

Default Need some ipad dudes to help me....

Basically been looking at the alesis dock ... http://www.alesis.com/iodock
    I was wondering has anyone tried this or know if it works as a usb controller to traktor and as an external soundcard.
    I was convinced this wasnt out yet but found lots of sites selling it and thought itd make a nice low latency (cable) touchscreen controller and if the speaker outs work as a sound card all youd need is this and a laptop and you can have pages upon pages of setups with touchosc. So to me this seems pretty nice
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

i did not no it was out yet

i dont see what peoples problems is with wanting to have a cable
    i use touchosc and touchable on ipad2 through a adhoc network and i get 0ms latency

its pretty cool and i like the design but i don't have a need for it and i hate the way the headphone port is on the side,and i don't think the sound card would be much use in a club tbh.

and i still ain't found a good studio recording app so the i/o i would not use

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I've got one.
    It works perfectly as a Midi-Controller in Traktor.

However as Tommy says you don't quite need it to turn your iPad into a Midi Controller. The latency on an AdHoc-network is low enough (though not 0 ms).

If you're on Windows getting the AdHoc-stuff to work can be troublesome (I fiddled nearly a day with it in Orlando and ended up using the camera dock).
    On OSX it works marvellous though.

So my recommendation is if you just want to use your iPad as a Midi Controller either use the camera connection kit (USB) or an AdHoc network.

Also I think the soon to be released Fruity Loops for iPad will step up the sequencer game on the iPad.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Fl studio is coming to ipad?

that's pretty cool

looking for a good studio app to sketch ideas out on as i use ableton and logic
    but garage band for ipad is to restricting

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

yeah it came out today looks interesting

cant get through that video that guy is so slow at talking

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's cool. I wonder how long before Logic is ported to the iPad?

EDIT: FL Studio Mobile is also available for the iPhone
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fl-st...432850144?mt=8
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I want traktor mini to come to ipad... 2 decks, no sample decks, eq fadders and 4 effects, delay...filter...gater and beatmasher2, would be good as a backup incase of the dreaded laptop crash skrillex is known for...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    I want traktor mini to come to ipad... 2 decks, no sample decks, eq fadders and 4 effects, delay...filter...gater and beatmasher2, would be good as a backup incase of the dreaded laptop crash skrillex is known for...
    you could make that in touch osc or touch midi

Tech Guru

True but i want a stand alone version, just bought fl though trying to figure it out