Way too many tracks, must be a better way to find my music. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

It is if youre a request dj "have you got this??" "yes infact i do along with every other song ever made"
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Well then have a small DJing collection and a horribly large request section.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I have loads of tracks I like, but I wouldn't play out (well, I would, but I can't imagine the circumstances where I'd play them)

Good management of tracks for me is an essential
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Can believe I'm getting shit for having lots of music. Last time I checked this was a dj forum and yes more music is better. I love every track in my collection. It spans the last 10 years of my life. Just about every cd I ever bought + my entire vinyl collection from back in the day. So many memory's.

Obviously its not all suitable for djing and there was a time when I kept my dj music in a separate folder away from my other music.

Along came a shiny new iPod, it forced me to install iTunes. iTunes mashed my entire collection together into one folder and it cant be undone.

Now I have to use iTunes to mange my music collection and tbh while its been awesome for my other music its been rubbish for my dance music.
    I didn't know about the smart playlist thing till yesterday, gona have a play with it today. looks pretty useful.

To be honest most of the time when people say they have loads of music it means they've decided to become a DJ, went on demonoid or whatever and downloaded every single god damn electro house tune they could find and as a result don't know a single one of their tracks.

If you've steadily built up your collection and know your music, good for you.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by drmore View Post
    Can believe I'm getting shit for having lots of music. Last time I checked this was a dj forum and yes more music is better. I love every track in my collection. It spans the last 10 years of my life. Just about every cd I ever bought + my entire vinyl collection from back in the day. So many memory's.

Obviously its not all suitable for djing and there was a time when I kept my dj music in a separate folder away from my other music.

Along came a shiny new iPod, it forced me to install iTunes. iTunes mashed my entire collection together into one folder and it cant be undone.

Now I have to use iTunes to mange my music collection and tbh while its been awesome for my other music its been rubbish for my dance music.
    I didn't know about the smart playlist thing till yesterday, gona have a play with it today. looks pretty useful.
    I'm the same - I recall reading people advising other in this situation to can their collection and start again :eek:

Seriously though, have a rummage through the arcticles on the site, I think the Power Tips stuff is from 2009, there are 4-5 of them.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I'm the same - I recall reading people advising other in this situation to can their collection and start again :eek:

Seriously though, have a rummage through the arcticles on the site, I think the Power Tips stuff is from 2009, there are 4-5 of them.

found them, v goood read. thanks

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    To be honest most of the time when people say they have loads of music it means they've decided to become a DJ, went on demonoid or whatever and downloaded every single god damn electro house tune they could find and as a result don't know a single one of their tracks.

If you've steadily built up your collection and know your music, good for you.
    Know what they sound like, cant remember all their names or where they are on my harddrive.

Quote Originally Posted by drmore View Post

you can actually manage multiple collections in itunes. ie dj music collection, regular music collection.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    you can actually manage multiple collections in itunes. ie dj music collection, regular music collection.
    This, hold option down when opening iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast