Way too many tracks, must be a better way to find my music. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

When using multiple libraries, can you choose which one Traktor syncs with?
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Here's what I do.. I use Media Monkey (PC only, though) and I make sure all my EDM tracks have the correct genre (based on BPM and mixability, not super specific). For instance I have progressive house, electro house, dubstep, etc. Then in mediamonkey I made auto-playlists that are of each genre organized by the most recent tracks to the oldest, with a or 3 gigabyte limit, then that playlist is synced to my iPod. Then I listen to these playlists and I rate them on the iPod. I have another auto-playlist for my 4 star + rated tracks, also sorted by date, for each genre. That way I get all my latest, most highly rated tracks in one place, and I end up listening to that playlist the most, so I get very familiar with these tracks when I'm not even DJing. Then when I need a break from that, I'll go into the new stuff and discover all the great new stuff I just acquired. Then right before a gig, I'll load up my playlist and just drag all the songs into a new traktor playlist. I don't mix in key yet, but what I'd probably wouldn't choose songs for the night based on key alone, but I might change up my mixing order in order to better match key. I play mostly dubstep and a lot of it is in the same key of f# minor, because that's the lowest sub bass note most club systems can handle.

I have Folders called Funky House / Deep House etc..

Within them I have folders named 2005 / 2006 etc..

Within them I have folders Feb / March etc..

Apart from my pre-2000 stuff which is all in my Classics folder..

Works well..

I go back through them every now and then and delete quite a lot of stuff I've bought which I don't think would get played, so I'm just left with good music from previous years..

One thing I don't totally really agree with is having to learn all your songs inside out.
    It depends what type of music you play but is it's house/dance based you should be able to mix it real easy..

When it was vinyl it was different because mixing was harder - you didn't have the visual clues traktor gives you so then you learnt every song.
    SC | MC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234