Thoughts on a 4 hour mix?
    Tech Wizard

Default Thoughts on a 4 hour mix?

Should I do the whole 4 hour's
    or
    Should I cut it down and turn it into volumes like Mix 2011 vol. 1 vol. 2 etc.

Reason why is because lately I've been slacking on getting new songs and today I got 132+ new songs. (all released within a week.) and I just have this urge to mix them all into an awesomeness what are these songs mix.

I'm assuming you want to record a set for all to see?
    Play a four hour set to learn the tunes, sure - do that a couple times, even. Try and play as many of these tracks as you can.
    But IMHO don't go off and rush into making a promo mix out of tunes you don't yet have an intimate knowledge of.
    You'll likely find some of these just do not flow together, or that things get stale as you play too much of the same style. So maybe you can only manage to get a solid two hour set out of your new purchases.
    Learn them. Let them simmer for a little bit. Then shoot for a good 1hr set if you absolutely positively must put something out with these tunes.
    If it's just for yourself? Go nuts. Play marathon session to your neighbours.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 06-22-2011 at 05:23 AM.

^what he said

It'll be good general practice, but there's not much point in recording+posting a set like that just running through random tunes. Also, if you're doing it to prep for a live set that long, expect things to turn out very differently when you play out and be prepared to follow the dancefloor's reactions accordingly. You'll probably fuck up a few times along the way and personally, there's no way I'd listen to a 4 hour mix unless it was from a big name I already know and love.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What they said. If you're going to do it you might as well record it though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I usually make sure a set will burn to CD. So 70-80 minutes.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

alright! Thanks for the help guys!