Help - added an X1 and now my Total Control is acting funny

Default Help - added an X1 and now my Total Control is acting funny

I am moving away from vinyl and back to my midi controller, Numark Total Control. So much more simple and staright forward, but i guess i dont need to explain that here.

When i hooked up the TC, everything worked just fine. When i added the X1, TSP 2 asked me something to the effect of "allowing the X1 mapping to be used for FX's". I clicked yes.

To my surprise both controllers were actually working together, however the EQ's on my TC do not work properly. When i kill an EQ, i still get some sound leaking through. whether i turn the knob, or press it to kill the sound, there is still some coming through the speakers. Traktor shows the EQ moving properly, and will even go to 100, but again, sound comes through.

Can anyone help me out with this?
    Or anyone have a killer mapping for this combo?

Thanks a lot in adavance, i really want to get this going and play some summer gigs.

Jay

not much that i know you can do. Except maybe just try reloading the TSI of whatever mapping your using.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Check the In/Out Ports for each mapping are not set to All Controllers.

edit after actually reading the post: Traktor's internal EQs don't fully kill the sound, it has nothing to do with your controllers
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-23-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Wait, the equipment knobs don't kill the low, mid, high they filter it out, but not all the way.

this is pissing me off. Still no matter what i do, i cannot get the eq's to completely filter out each frequency, there is still some sound leaking through.
    I have reloaded the original mapping, tried other peoples mappings, and fiddled around with any setting that i could think of that might affect the sound routing. Still nothing.
    Any more thoughts, anyone?

and this happens with or without the x1 connected.

It's the way Traktor works, it has nothing to do with your controllers. If you are mapping in midi you can assign the kill for each frequency to activate when the knob is in the left position.

so if i had an S4 with the standard mapping, and i turned my eq's all the way left, there would still be sound coming through the master out?
    This same controller with Numark Cue (Virtual Dj) would kill the sound completely. or if i pushed the knob it would do so as well. This is pretty shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    so if i had an S4 with the standard mapping, and i turned my eq's all the way left, there would still be sound coming through the master out?
    This same controller with Numark Cue (Virtual Dj) would kill the sound completely. or if i pushed the knob it would do so as well. This is pretty shitty.
    Drop a +1 on the feat request at NI's forum, lots of people have been asking for this for a long time.

You can map the knob push to the EQ kill in Traktor and that won't let any sound through like VirtualDJ does, but not by turning the knob (unless you map it like i told you before)