[Build Log] Old Keyboard Restoration and Colored Keys Mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Build Log] Old Keyboard Restoration and Colored Keys Mod

Well, I found this keyboard my father got my sister when she was about 7 or 8, and she is 19 now-- so it is pretty old. The adapters are gone and a whole bunch of peices are missing. Not to mention it was dirty as hell. Sorry I couldn't get pictures of it before I washed it- But here is a pic of it mostly restored with parts from a local music shop and it has been polished.

I am going to use it somewhat like the Oxygen 8 Mapping so I wrote down some notes all over the damn thing and scribbled what color I am going to paint each key for the mapping:

Now, I will explain to you why I am doing this. I have found this keyboard about 2 months ago and thought it was a peice of shit. Well, today my buds came over and found it and asked what the MIDI in and out ports were. I had no idea it was MIDI, since it is so old. So I just ordered the adapter and cable and plan to make it into somewhat a duplicated of Ean's Oxygen 8.

thats a Samsung r780 laptop aint it? how is TP2 running on there, is it good?

Keyboard is also looking cool, i think i got some of these in myy basement to. Do you know if all of the keys are MIDI, and not just the piano keys?

Good luck with this piece of equipment, looks like a lot of fun
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    thats a Samsung r780 laptop aint it? how is TP2 running on there, is it good?

Keyboard is also looking cool, i think i got some of these in myy basement to. Do you know if all of the keys are MIDI, and not just the piano keys?

Good luck with this piece of equipment, looks like a lot of fun
    even though its a pain in the ass it is really fun and the laptop is amzing it has 2 internal hard drives and TP2 is still amazingly fast responses on it. I think once I finish this up I'll pair it up with a novation nocturn and a midifighter maybe.

and I do not know, once the adaptors and cables come in and i can plug it in to traktor I will tell you what is midi and whats not. All of it should be, but hey. shit happens

i doubt that any of the non-musical keys will send any midi. most likely just for selecting sounds and tweaking them etc. but i could be wrong... still a decent number of white/black keys to do stuff with tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Try getting that in a dj booth lol
    Nice mod tho recycling is awesome.

The non-note keys wont send midi. to get a better look u could saw of the sides with the speakers and remove the front panel.

orr we could just un screw them..... and if they end up not being midi oh well. I didnt really have them mapped to anything too important.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    even though its a pain in the ass it is really fun and the laptop is amzing it has 2 internal hard drives and TP2 is still amazingly fast responses on it. I think once I finish this up I'll pair it up with a novation nocturn and a midifighter maybe.

and I do not know, once the adaptors and cables come in and i can plug it in to traktor I will tell you what is midi and whats not. All of it should be, but hey. shit happens
    I got the laptop myself, and its a beast, running virtual dj, video, ableton, several midi controllers, wlan, internet, all at the same time without any probs. Good to know that it will run tp2 good aswell thx
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    I got the laptop myself, and its a beast, running virtual dj, video, ableton, several midi controllers, wlan, internet, all at the same time without any probs. Good to know that it will run tp2 good aswell thx
    no probs and thanx mana for the guide huge help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast