Traktor/S4 audio dropouts when syncing with Maschine

Default Traktor/S4 audio dropouts when syncing with Maschine

Last week I sync'd Maschine and Traktor using the instructions on Traktor Bible's website. I then took my S4 and laptop to dj a friend's party over the weekend.

Today I tried to sync Maschine again but noticed that in Maschine's Audio and Midi settings, selecting Traktor Virtual Output under Midi In was no longer an option. I kept restarting both Traktor and Maschine, used the set up wizard in Traktor, and eventually the Traktor Virtual Output option appeared.

I selected in per Traktor Bible's instructions and followed the rest.

The problem is when I hit the send Midi signal within Traktor by the Midi clock, Maschine sync's the tempo but Traktor drops the audio VERY frequently. It will be playing a track and just stop altogether. I have to hit play again for it to start back up. Once I do, it stops a few seconds later.

Maschine is working fine. When I deselect the send midi from Traktor and stop the sync, tracks within Traktor will play without any issues.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master

I probably should have posted this in the general section. Please move if so. Very curious about what's going wrong here.
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master