Maxed out my SoundCloud downloads in 3 days
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Maxed out my SoundCloud downloads in 3 days

I make mixes fun as a hobby because I love electronic music. I also make myself mixes so I have an easier way to listen to music in the car. I have been doing this for about four months now.

I made a 30 minute dubstep mix for fun and put it on SoundCloud, but to my surprise it has 91 downloads already, and it's only been on there for 3 days.

I don't want to do this for money, but I would love to play in front of people as it's my dream. I already have a job, so I do this in my spare time.

I am not sure if I should just send it out to websites and local people just for the hell of it though?

Post them on Mediafire is my suggestion and link them to it. =)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

pay the money. Why not? Soundcloud is a great site that help out a lot of musicians grow, might as well help them out, since they are clearly fostering your career.

And if you want to play out and get people into your music you gotta have it accessible.

time to invest in a pro account mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

yeah go for it.

if you're confident in your stuff and want to go the extra mile by promoting it, it's a fun hobby.

mixing is enjoyable by itself, but it's also nice to know other people can enjoy what you do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Post them on Mediafire is my suggestion and link them to it. =)
    i see mediafire links quite a bit in the comments section of tunes and mixes on soundcloud

Why not mixcloud? I really like that site.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Depends what you're doing. Mixcloud is good for mixes, as the name implies. Soundcloud also does tracks and allows downloads ... Horses for courses innit
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 06-23-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typo
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    +1 its a great site for hosting mixes

Tech Wizard

If you have the time/patience/technical ability, you COULD host them yourself. You know, get a website, with a server, and a domain name. You could probably spend less $$ than a soundcloud pro account and you can do a lot more with it. You can link to the file right on the soundcloud file. Lots of people just put a link to the free download in the description to get around paying the pro fees if that's the only thing they want. And it's more professional to have your own domain name when it comes time to get gigs. Then again you need to know how to do FTP and things like that. I hear what you're saying about not having that much time to do music/promote, but hosting files in your own server means you have complete control of everything and you likely won't run into bandwidth constrictions (make sure you find out what the monthly transfer rate of your host is, if any).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast