kissy sellout n random
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default kissy sellout n random

i opened up for kissy sellout the other week.
    it was a killa night, think i did myself proud,
    i did 11-1, kissy was following, doing 1-3.

as usual when i play at this club something went wrong the other time i played at this club the amps for the subs went, this time the fuse went in something so we lost the soundsystem for bout 10 mins, got it fixed, crowd went mental and danced like mad till kissy came on, when everyone just went crazy, the place was packed! all in all an amazing night, gotta be one of my highlights of djing so far.

we've got some killa acts coming to my city soon, hostage, urchins, toddla t, benga, and some mad partys coming up. its gonna be a crazy couple of months.

i've also painted my m-audio xsession pro white, and put a couple of stickers on which i need to post some pics of, which i will do soon as. got to say it looks pretty nice, and it seems to be holding up well considering its plastic, and well im not known for being that careful with stuff.

anyways just thought id do a little update.

easy...

Congrats, glad to hear things are turning out well for you.

Tech Guru

cheers man, yeah its going alright.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

yeah man, congrats. Can't wait to hear more about it
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Tight man! Playing with Benga would be a dream for me.

What software/hardware do you run ? I also use an X-Session pro so I'm interested how you use it..

I'm assuming you play electro?

Tech Guru

kissy sellout is dope. right on bro

Tech Guru

i play, i concentrate on jackin/fidget house, bass heavy stuff, but throw in the odd bit of bmore, electro house, french stuff, electro, garage....
    anything with a big bassline, thats bouncy and gets people bouncin.

i use traktor 3 still, simply cause i cant afford pro, and well because i works well so why change.

the x session pro is set up for 2 decks really, but along with hotkeys can sort of cope with 4. ive got all the eq knobs set up for eq, then the left three knobs, the top left control's the master effect, which i have set to l/h filter, that knob controls the low. the two below control deck 1 effect which i have set to delay, they control parameters of that, and basically the other three knobs control deck 2 effect and master h filter.
    the two headphone buttons turn on the delays for each deck, and freeze it.

the channel line faders do just that, the two pitch faders control deck c and d volume.
    play button is play, cue button is loop, the buttons just above, one controls sync for each deck the other is deck copy.

then i have a few hotkeys set up for loop size, and a few othert things.

it works the way i want it to, and i like the layout, it works well for my sets.

just been told im opening up for bloody beetroots in april, now thats gonna be mental!
    unfortunately, dont think i am doing the benga night, couple of my mates are tho, so still be there raving. got my monthly night coming up on the 21st, the usual filthy fidget/jackin night, cant wait.

one last thing, got my latest song up on my myspace, www.myspace.com/amadeusfoolsgold

hit it up and add me.

peace...

Tech Guru

Wicked man, thats probably how I would do it if I was running Traktor. Might give it a shot when I can afford to buy it.

Opening for BB will be nuts! Shot man. Keen to get some of your mixes. Do you have any up ?

Tech Guru

im in the process of gettin some mixes recorded so i can put em up, just havent had time recently, been producing tracks more than anything really.

but ill be putting up a bass heavy mix up, and a more fidget jackin mix.
    these should be up next week hopefully.

yeah opening up for BB is gonna be crazy!

easy...

Tech Guru

sic. keen to hear some of your tunes when you have them rolln.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast