Is this a good deal?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is this a good deal?

So I'm looking to buy a launchpad. And I found a guy over craigslist. It turns out he doesn't have the ableton cd that comes with it. This isn't too big of a problem for me since I was going to use it with traktor, but I still would like the cd to just be able to mess around with it. We've agreed on $90. Is there anyway I could buy just the cd somwhere? I know tere might be licensing problems here..

And sorry if this is in the wrong subforum

Tech Mentor

you need the cd cover for the "abelton live launchpad edition", without this key you can't get a legit ableton version for kinda "free".
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

if he has registered his then he can contact ableton support and ask for a transfer. It's just a LE version, worth 80 buck i think. So, if he ain't transferring or you can' get the key consider getting mint later from abe, there aree no special features in the apc or launchpad editions

I would say look at ebay quick to see what the prices are for used launchpads...because you can get a brand new one on amazon.com for like 125$

And if you want I just bought an apc40 and mpd32 and I think they come with free versions of ableton...I might be able to hook you up!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post

And if you want I just bought an apc40 and mpd32 and I think they come with free versions of ableton LE...I might be able to hook you up!
    fixed

Thanks for the fix bro