Party Vs. Club/Festival
    Tech Mentor

Default Party Vs. Club/Festival

G'day DJTT brief question. im playing my first gig (my girlfriends 18th) and im wondering if i would structure my performance like i would if i was playing towards a club environment or should i be alot more relaxed. what i mean by this is should i just chuck in as many requests as possible or should i really try keep structure of my set because i know i wont be playing one genre for more than 15 minutes. if you understand where i'm coming from any help would be sweet! thanks guys.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Totally depends on the audience and the venue.

The venue sets the expectation - people in a bar expect a certain style of music, in a club they expect a different one, in a festival they expect another one.

The audience will react to what you play. Respond to it. If you clear the floor with a track (and it happens to the best of us sometimes) change it up, try a different tempo/style or play 'em something they know, or at least that's based on something they know.

Good luck
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers