Serato vs. Traktor my user experience - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You forgot to mention the free soft upgrades

Default attn. everyone:

Please stop tempting me with yet another product I don't really need but would sorely love.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Please stop tempting me with yet another product I don't really need but would sorely love.
    Mate, how useful do you find the X1 with your VCI-SE?

Does it get a lot of action when you're mixing? Or more your midifghter...?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Indeed, which so easily turns into...

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Mate, how useful do you find the X1 with your VCI-SE?

Does it get a lot of action when you're mixing? Or more your midifghter...?
    To be honest with you, I use the midifighter a lot more. I like having duplication of controls, but yeh in my current controller only setup (obviously couldn't bring TTs etc out to spain), the X1 sometimes finds itself a little redundant. I use it more if I'm spinning with DVS at home, and I do find the hotcue mode useful. Thing is, since I got my MF and the insta-FX, I generally just use them and don't need to adjust parameters too much. If I ever get round to incorporating the sample decks usefully, I have them mapped to midi mode along with the loop recorder.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You forgot to mention the free soft upgrades
    LOL

SSL 2.3 will be released next month.

Something they could implement that I think would be significant is if they allow sync on their sampler since they already have grids. 6 slots x 4 banks and hey have keylock.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    To be honest with you, I use the midifighter a lot more. I like having duplication of controls, but yeh in my current controller only setup (obviously couldn't bring TTs etc out to spain), the X1 sometimes finds itself a little redundant. I use it more if I'm spinning with DVS at home, and I do find the hotcue mode useful. Thing is, since I got my MF and the insta-FX, I generally just use them and don't need to adjust parameters too much. If I ever get round to incorporating the sample decks usefully, I have them mapped to midi mode along with the loop recorder.
    Interesting... Midifighter Pro over an X1 would you say?

Mx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

I was on my friends SSL setup and I was having a lot of fun, but i think that has more to do with using his TTs vs using serato. And don't kid yourself, when your looking at the screen you arent really beatmatching, youre wavematching(if thats not a term im trademarking it). This isn't a slam on serato, I throughly enjoyed it. The simplicity of it forced me to focus on my mixing and using the effects sparingly vs filling my time playing with the effects until i was ready to start mixing in my next track, although I suspect that has more to do with the TTs than the program as well.

would be cool if they could implement the bridge's mixtape for any mixer that can output midi. Would be easy enough to read the midi from a DJM-800 or whatever, and only supporting 2 mixers is a serious limitation of a pretty damn useful feature imo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast