pitch slider / traktor tempo going crazy at gig

Default pitch slider / traktor tempo going crazy at gig

hey, not the biggest deal, but had a crazy gig last night and i noticed my left tempo (deck 1) was going nuts in traktor, like it was being jittered / nudged micro amounts up and down. there was a monitor sub right next to it, do you guys think the bass could have been affecting the pitch slider causing this crazy jitter? i can't recreate the problem when not on stage with lots of club bass.... just wonderin. thanks!
    2011 macbook pro 15.4 2ghz i7 / traktor pro 2.1.1 /s4 controller / midi fighter classic

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The bass would have to be pretty crazy to do that. Was the physical fader moving? Did you try to calibrate them?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

it didnt seem like the actual slider was moving. i've had this happen twice at gigs at the same venue, each one on a different macbook... i havent tried to calibrate, i will def. do that asap. literally the sub was a 15" yorkville sitting on the ground and like 5 inches away from the s4, also it was touching the table that the s4 was sitting on...so vibrations were traveling through. i mean the actual s4 flight case was moving on the tabletop due to bass. i am hoping it was the bass haha. it NEVER happens when im not playing in a club with rediculous bass.
    2011 macbook pro 15.4 2ghz i7 / traktor pro 2.1.1 /s4 controller / midi fighter classic

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Then that could be it. You might try to get some foam to put under the flight case to help dissipate the vibrations a little.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x