How will I connect my B 52 Matrix 1000 Speakers to my Laptop?
    Tech Student

Default How will I connect my B 52 Matrix 1000 Speakers to my Laptop?

I was handed over a speaker system. It’s the B 52 Matrix 1000 unit. I am new to the DJ world. So my question is about connections.

So the B 52 unit has 2 speakers that gets connected to the sub via Speak-on wires.

From the sub you need to connect XLR wires.

My question is how do convert? I use a Laptop with an external Numark Mixtrack Pro. The only connections that has is RCA.

Can I just use converter cables XLR to RCA or will I need a DI Box.

Or any suggestions if possible. I am so lost!

In advance, I appreciate your patience and suggestion!

just get a patch cord.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GLS-Audio-Patch-Cable-Cords/dp/B001JKIGSS"]Amazon.com: GLS Audio 6 Inch Patch Y Cable Cords - XLR Female To Dual RCA Male Cables - 6" Pro Series Y-Cable Cord Splitter - 4 PACK: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41c1Aa-4ZAL.@@AMEPARAM@@41c1Aa-4ZAL[/ame]

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mrtiggah View Post
    My question is how do convert? I use a Laptop with an external Numark Mixtrack Pro. The only connections that has is RCA.
    The right solution is to put a mixer between the sound card and the powered speakers. The mixer will take the RCA from the sound card, and the master output can be XLR.

The Mackie Onyx series of table top mixers are good, so is the Vestax 002xl.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Using a mixer is the best solution in my opinion.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

DIs would be your best bet, unless you buy a mixer that'll output balanced XLR (or TRS).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

So what my mind is telling me is just what I thought. I do need the powered speaker XLR's to go into a "Master Unit". Then i can pull RCA's from the "Master Unit"

I didnt want to have to get a Mixer only because I use my Numark Mixtrack Pro for that. I guess if needed I could get something inxpensive.

What I have been looking at are those DI boxes. I just dont know what would be a good DI box. Honestly i dont even know what the DI box would do. I know it would convert but is it converting. I dont fully understand the concept.

Any ideas to DI boxes that are inexpessive but do the job?

Again, guys thats for all your patience and help. Just with the few responses my mind feels alot clearer!

a DI box converts your unbalanced RCA signal into a balanced XLR signal. I can't recommend any I'm afraid, my mixer has balanced outputs so I've never needed them.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Just get one of these.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DI20.aspx

Cheap as chips and good enough for what you need it for. You can get them for about $50-80 in Australia.

RCA-6.5 Adaptors into the DI, XLRs out into your PA. Set it to 2ch mode and you're golden. Make sure to keep the battery fresh though. You can get about a week or two solid always-on use out of one battery.
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook