12 Inch Skinz - Disappointed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 12 Inch Skinz

I've had my reservations about posting but need advice, hopefully.

I bought a skin for my s4 and macbook pro. The skin for my s4 is fine and went on well. But the skin for my macbook had 2 little creases in it at the edges as if its been knocked into something. I thought it would be ok once I applied the skin and it would stick fine but it's not. At both these points the skin is pealing from the macbook and I'm worried it starts to peal even more. Also instead of receiving a skin that went round the trackpad on my mac I got 6 small square bits of vinyl with the same logo as the main image. No idea why as this was not on the template I submitted.

I've tried contacting kartel on numerous occasions and have not had a reply. I understand he can be busy but this is now about month or so since I received them.
    Last edited by hesitant; 06-29-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

I'm all for people speaking their mind about a product.....good or bad. Everyone knows that as much as you try to avoid it, shit will still happen. You havent given this guy fair amount of time to respond and either make things right between you two or tell you to go pound sand. Don't jump the gun......it's a frustrating situation but I'm sure if you were in the other guys shoes you wouldnt be happy to have someone post this thread about you and your company.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    You havent given this guy fair amount of time to respond and either make things right between you two or tell you to go pound sand.
    What would you say is a fair amount of time?

Have you tried calling instead of email?
    Last edited by VanGogo; 06-28-2011 at 11:00 AM.

I called Kartel for you, he should be on here or emailing you soon to help you out.

I haven't tried calling as I live in the UK and the time difference causes problems of when I can call.

manchild - I'm not intending on brandishing the company as the product in general is very good. I'm just looking for a little bit of advice on the matter as I've had no reply from the company. Even a quick response email to say they are dealing with my request would of be sufficient.

I was hoping someone on here may have ordered a skin for their macbook and could of shed a little light as to why I've received 6 small square stickers in place of the one which sits below the keyboard. Also advice on a way to hopefully stick the pealing edges down properly without causing damage to my mac.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I called Kartel for you, he should be on here or emailing you soon to help you out.
    Thank you. I really appreciate it.

No problem. Glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    I'm all for people speaking their mind about a product.....good or bad. Everyone knows that as much as you try to avoid it, shit will still happen. You havent given this guy fair amount of time to respond and either make things right between you two or tell you to go pound sand. Don't jump the gun......it's a frustrating situation but I'm sure if you were in the other guys shoes you wouldnt be happy to have someone post this thread about you and your company.
    @Manchild: He did say he got the product a month ago. Even if he'd waited a week before contacting customer service, that's still three weeks with multiple contact attempts and no reply. Even eBay sellers are held to higher standards in terms of prompt contact, so let's be fair to the OP here.

@OP: Good luck getting this taken care of! I hope it works out for you. If it doesn't get resolved, there are several companies out there who do skins for MacBooks (Phantom Skinz, Best Skins Ever, and Invisible Shield come to mind, among others) so unless you're specifically intent on a custom design for a skin, you might check one of them out. Personally I grabbed a Phantom Skinz cover for mine and, long-term customer service issues aside (have been in back-and-forth contact with them for over a week trying to get a skin replaced), the product is solid quality.

@VanGogo: Cheers for helping out. I'm glad you were able to get some resolution (hopefully) started for the OP. It's still a bit disappointing though that the standard channels hadn't produced results.

He almost always answers the phone, which I believe is listed on his site.

Yes he can take a little more time than other places, but it's because he is a one man operation with alot of orders. He's also a DJ, so I like the fact it's supporting a member of the DJ community and not just a vinyl shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast