crossroads???

Thread: crossroads???

Tech Wizard

Default crossroads???

Hi Guy's
    I'm new to the digital DJ front as i have always used turntables and CDJ's. I really like the look of Traktor pro and all the trickery that can be done with such a powerful program. As it stands I'm at a loss what to do on the controller front.
    I like the VCI100 very much but as i live in the UK I;m reluctant to send it to DJTT for mods and upgrades as the distance is extreme and I would worry if it would arrive back to me in one piece. (Airmail worries me as we know what happens to our cases )

So I'm hoping for some advise/ guidance on what to get. Do i go for the VCI100 or do i wait for the VCM400. Plus how long would the weight be, due to the economic climate

Any feed back would be amazing

Kindest Regards
    CRA1G

Quote Originally Posted by CRA1G View Post
    Hi Guy's
    I'm new to the digital DJ front as i have always used turntables and CDJ's. I really like the look of Traktor pro and all the trickery that can be done with such a powerful program. As it stands I'm at a loss what to do on the controller front.
    I like the VCI100 very much but as i live in the UK I;m reluctant to send it to DJTT for mods and upgrades as the distance is extreme and I would worry if it would arrive back to me in one piece. (Airmail worries me as we know what happens to our cases )

So I'm hoping for some advise/ guidance on what to get. Do i go for the VCI100 or do i wait for the VCM400. Plus how long would the weight be, due to the economic climate

Any feed back would be amazing

Kindest Regards
    CRA1G
    you shouldnt need to send to send your mixer away for anything. if you need upgrades they can be sent to you through various means. for firmware you just need to buy a cable, which you will able to get here soon, and mods like faceplates and jog-grips are sold here too. i cant tell you which mixer to get tho, ive never used a vcm-400. but id suggest the vci-100 just because every peice of information you need on how to use it is already here. hopefully someone can elaborate on which mixer you should get, but i say it just comes down to your preferred mixing style
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Welcome to DJTT

If your new to all of this id grab a VCI-100 - we wont be seeing anything better for a while

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    you shouldnt need to send to send your mixer away for anything. if you need upgrades they can be sent to you through various means. for firmware you just need to buy a cable, which you will able to get here soon, and mods like faceplates and jog-grips are sold here too. i cant tell you which mixer to get tho, ive never used a vcm-400. but id suggest the vci-100 just because every peice of information you need on how to use it is already here. hopefully someone can elaborate on which mixer you should get, but i say it just comes down to your preferred mixing style
    Thank you for the feed back, i do think i will be going for the VCI 100 after all. Thanks again for the Speedy response.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Welcome to DJTT

If your new to all of this id grab a VCI-100 - we wont be seeing anything better for a while
    Hi,
    Thank you for the advise, the VCM400 does intrigue me but i cannot find any info on the release date.
    Im very tempted to wait, but i can get the support from this great forum on the VCI and all its trickery.

One more little thing, i have been looking into sound cards- Im torn between the M-audio FAST TRACK PRO of the EDIROL- FA66.

I've had a look around the forum and it seems the M- AUDIO is the weapon of choice for most people. Would you agree??

CRA1G

We tend to recommend firewire soundcards as they have a lower latency and gerenally higher quality audio compents.

The Prosonus Firebox, theres lots of users on this forum that use this card and are happy with it.

You know, you can order a pre-modded, firmware updated, fully pimped VCI-100 from here as well. Might save you time/money doing it yourself. The only issue is availability, but more are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

As for sound card, I was between the FA-66 and Firebox. Both seem like great cards, but I opted for the Firebox and haven't been disappointed.