Help With Upcomming Gig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Help With Upcomming Gig

DJTT, you've helped me before, and I'm almost positive you'll toss out the same help again.

I have a gig coming up at fairly upclass supper club (turns into more of a night club at night) here in a couple days and it pays really well, plus I'm stoked for the experience.

Problem is, they want me to played Top 40/Some Top 40 mixes. Usually I play straight house (SHM, Norman Doray, Thomas Gold, Afrojack, Avicii, splash some trance in, etc) so this will be a little bit of a switch up for me. I'm on my absolute grind trying to find good tracks to download. The crowd will be late 20's and early 30's. I honestly have no clue what to toss down.

Any suggestions? Advice?

Banned

My question is, why would you accept a gig like this knowing full well you are not prepared for it?

Tech Wizard

To be honest; its the money.

I know that sounds brutal, but it's honestly a price I can't turn down for it not being my style or whatever. I've mixed Top 40 before, it was just for a younger crowd (19-25ish). I'm just wondering if there's any advice that'd help me with a crowd a bit older.

look through the billboard charts, the hood internet, white folks get crunk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    look through the billboard charts, the hood internet, white folks get crunk, etc.
    and if you're playing to a crowd of late 20's and early 30's, chances are the majority of them aren't going to enjoy it. I'd agree if it were teens to mid twenties, but it's not. Not sure what type of crowd your going to have, but golden era hip hop from the end of that age would probably go over well. Other than that, just search charts from that time period.

Go to billboard.com

Write down a list of all the top 40 songs on each chart for the last 6 months and you should be good for the lastest stuff. If they are looking for top[ 40's I'd play the original tracks most of the night and squeeze a few house beats to keep the flow going.

I find with top 40's possible crowd they'd rather just hear things they know rather then remixes they have not.

The DJ in this particular party may or may be replaced by an itunes playlist.

This is up to you to play smart and jeep the room in the right mood.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

US....White folks hey?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

In the middle of no where. have a look http://maps.google.co.za/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Well mate I am new to this all I can do is throw you a thumbs up and wish you good luck sorry for not helping at all
    http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1...cwallpaper.jpg

LoL I am new to forums so i dont know how to upload my sig correctly

US....White folks hey?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Listen to the radio.....that's what I do at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast