program for accurate BPM's - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    oooh it toally stores in BPM tag. traktors TERRIBLE bpm analysis has screwed me over plenty of times.

I tried to move over to traktor pro a few months ago. and it re-wrote ALL of my bpms. most were incorrect, I might add. (and no, i'm not talking double or half time, i'm talking 120 instead of 127 type problems)

It was enough to piss me off, have me overwrite the tracks with my backup and exit traktor for good.
    yea wtf that better be fixed in the upgrade. it did all the bpms right for me, but the first beat was always half a beat off. and correcting that can take ages. they need to suss it so its easy to do on the fly, like...live
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

[..]

It was enough to piss me off, have me overwrite the tracks with my backup and exit traktor for good.
    You could try setting the mp3s to read-only?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

oooh it toally stores in BPM tag. traktors TERRIBLE bpm analysis has screwed me over plenty of times.

I tried to move over to traktor pro a few months ago. and it re-wrote ALL of my bpms. most were incorrect, I might add. (and no, i'm not talking double or half time, i'm talking 120 instead of 127 type problems)

Have you feature requested NI ?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Have you feature requested NI ?
    Update notes say "Option to remove Traktor-specific tags from music files"

I don't know if you're talking about that, or just the general request to "fix the bpm analyzer"....which would also be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil R View Post
    Update notes say "Option to remove Traktor-specific tags from music files"

I don't know if you're talking about that, or just the general request to "fix the bpm analyzer"....which would also be nice.
    Nah she wants to be able to use her existing bpm's which are correct in traktor pro - the problem with traktor is that it wants to analyze the file.

I wonder if theres a way to tage the file as being already analyzed by traktor even though it hasnt - that way it should use the existing bpm.

Donīt get me wrong guys but is getting the most accurate bpm from a song really necessary? I have played with traktor for a long time and I know the bpm analysis is not perfect but nothing that a few touchs on the vci platter canīt fix . What is the goal for having the perfect BPM if there is such?

Tech Wizard

i use the free mixmeister bpm analyser for 4 years now and its very good..i tried mixed in key 2.5 and found that mixmeister gave more acurate bpms,
    normaly i first drop my mp3s in mixmeister to get analyzed and then import them to Traktors collection and analyse them again.
    im on Traktor 3.something.. and bpm values are 120.000 and in mixmeister are 120.01 so i twick them till the grid aligns in Traktor. Ean did an article on this which is very good.
    i expored a playlist from T3 which i know very well and tried it in TP :eek: total mess everything was wrong, i spent some time setting grigs and manually twicked the mp3s bpm but still it was unusable for me, with a huge mp3 library i dont want to risk it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    You could try setting the mp3s to read-only?
    what do you mean exactly? select the mp3 properties and click read only in the attributes.
    any downside in doing this?
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

-dIm- were talking about Tpro here, Pro handles analyzing differently to Traktor 3.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    -dIm- were talking about Tpro here, Pro handles analyzing differently to Traktor 3.
    i know Pro handles analyzing differently to Traktor 3, thats why i still use
    Traktor 3 it works better for me..

Quote Originally Posted by i3urton31 View Post
    should i use the BPM reader in traktor? (i have traktor 3.3) does this save the bpm in the song tag?
    i just explained to i3urton31 the process i do for analyzing mp3s bpm to get accurate readings in Traktor 3..it might save him some time as Traktor 3 and Traktor Pro have TERRIBLE bpm analysis.
    i dont know if the free mixmeister bpm analyser works for mac thow.
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

TPro's BPM analyzing is not as terrible as some are suggesting here. I find it to be very accurate, (auto-)gridding works better than it used to in T3 imho. My music collection also shouldn't be much of a challenge for the algorithm - Electro/House/Techno/Dubstep... Don't have any experiences with "organic" music though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast