Track BPM value not showing up properly in iTunes playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Track BPM value not showing up properly in iTunes playlist

How do I get track BPMs to display properly in iTunes playlists in Traktor? After I analyze the whole library, track BPMs show up properly in the collection, and one they're loaded into decks, but they don't all (most still do) show up correctly when browsing in iTunes playlists (which is how I organize my library).
    Thanks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are they showing up in iTunes? You can edit the songs in itunes by selecting in bulk and doing something placing a space in the comments and then hitting okay to get the BPM to show up there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are they showing up in iTunes? You can edit the songs in itunes by selecting in bulk and doing something placing a space in the comments and then hitting okay to get the BPM to show up there.
    I'm a little confused on what you're saying. No, BPM's do not show up in iTunes but isn't this because the tracks are analyzed or gridded in Traktor and the data is put in an id3 or whatever tag that only Traktor uses? Just as clarification, in an iTunes playlist in Traktor some BPMs show up properly, some show up incorrectly, and some just show up as 0.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can set the BPM to show up in iTunes by turning that column on. After a track is analyzed and the BPM is set in traktor it will show up in that column, but sometimes you have to select or play the track to get it to show. My thought is that maybe you haven't played or selected those songs in iTunes so it's not showing up in the iTunes playlist in Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

sometimes you have to select or play the track to get it to show
    This is what I've found. I have to click on every track I analyzed and the BPM is updated. I'm not sure why that happens.

Awesome thanks man! Looks like that worked. Appreciate it!

Tech Student

I have the same problem, but don't seem to be able to fix it. I've analyzed all my tracks, and the correct BPM shows up under "Track Collection". However, the BPM's of (almost) all tracks under "iTunes" show 0.000. Even if you drag a track to a new deck from within the "iTunes" label in the browser, it doesn't update the BPM in the browser. Same goes for the Key. Any ideas? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RikdeVos View Post
    I have the same problem, but don't seem to be able to fix it. I've analyzed all my tracks, and the correct BPM shows up under "Track Collection". However, the BPM's of (almost) all tracks under "iTunes" show 0.000. Even if you drag a track to a new deck from within the "iTunes" label in the browser, it doesn't update the BPM in the browser. Same goes for the Key. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Are those tracks MP3's or are they possibly wav?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

They're all MP3.

Quote Originally Posted by RikdeVos View Post
    They're all MP3.
    Did you do the above? Go back into itunes and play each track for just a second, this should makes itunes reread the id3 tag and update it with anything new.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast