Akai MPK Mini or LPD 8 + LPK25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Akai MPK Mini or LPD 8 + LPK25

So im having trouble deciding on getting the MPK Mini (Both LPD 8 + LPK25 together) or the LPD 8 + LPK25 separately. MPK Mini uses one port, where i would need two USB ports for the LPD 8 + LPK25. But i think other than beat making, i can use the LPD 8 + LPK25 option for Traktor, ect. Where the MPK Mini has no mappings on DJTT or any other website (I'm lazy)

So, what do you think?

Or

+

Not wanting to map your own controllers isn't lazy, its pathetic. >.> You get to make your controller do what YOU want, not what someone else wanted to use it for.

Is it better to buy them separate or together? It really depends on if you see a need to use the piano keys in Traktor when you MAP IT YOURSELF. Because they would just take up space. People have used them to do things, look around for ideas for when you go about MAPPING IT YOURSELF. If not, I would suggest buying them separate. Ableton or whatever DAW you use can recognize more than one midi controller and you can bind at will. If lack of USB ports is an issue, I couldn't see how an unpowered 4 way USB splitter couldn't run both.

I own the LPD8 and to just let you know, you can't directly use the LED outs in Traktor because of some stupid firmware reasons. Theres a way around it which you can read here: http://co.native-instruments.com/for...d.php?p=760741

Happy Mapping.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    Not wanting to map your own controllers isn't lazy, its pathetic. >.> You get to make your controller do what YOU want, not what someone else wanted to use it for.

Is it better to buy them separate or together? It really depends on if you see a need to use the piano keys in Traktor when you MAP IT YOURSELF. Because they would just take up space. People have used them to do things, look around for ideas for when you go about MAPPING IT YOURSELF. If not, I would suggest buying them separate. Ableton or whatever DAW you use can recognize more than one midi controller and you can bind at will. If lack of USB ports is an issue, I couldn't see how an unpowered 4 way USB splitter couldn't run both.

I own the LPD8 and to just let you know, you can't directly use the LED outs in Traktor because of some stupid firmware reasons. Theres a way around it which you can read here: http://co.native-instruments.com/for...d.php?p=760741

Happy Mapping.
    Thankyou very much for this information, iv'e decided to buy them separately. Iv'e had a little look on Tratkor, and your absolutely right.. it seems very simple to map anything! I'll be using them both in FL Studio too make "beats" too.

Thanks.

I wish Traktor had a bigger window where I can map shit, add section Titles and stuff and keep it all organized. Its tedious but worth it.

Make sure you know what midi learn is before you start mapping. I didn't and I was looking up the CC mappings for my RMX and plugging them all in manually. 0.0 Not fun.
    Last edited by NotSoSiniSter; 06-29-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

If you're using WinXP then I'd recommend getting the MPK Mini, rather than 2 standalone units. The reason being that I own an MPK Mini and 2x LPD8's and it's a real fucker trying to get WinXP to recognise them all at the same time (Win7 is fine though).

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    If you're using WinXP then I'd recommend getting the MPK Mini, rather than 2 standalone units. The reason being that I own an MPK Mini and 2x LPD8's and it's a real fucker trying to get WinXP to recognise them all at the same time (Win7 is fine though).
    Yes, im using WinXP. Mmm, this is a really tough decision...

I have the mpk mini and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by djdarkgrey View Post
    I have the mpk mini and love it.
    I have been hearing good things about the MPK Mini, but i have gone with the LPD 8 + LPK25 as they operate the same, but i can just use one if i need to.

I would reconsider (unless you're planning on upgrading to Win7, as I'm about to)... it might work for you but I've had endless problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I would reconsider (unless you're planning on upgrading to Win7, as I'm about to)... it might work for you but I've had endless problems.
    Iv'e just ordered the LPD 8 + LPK25, i might just be a problem with your XP. But nether the less i will not be upgrading to Win7 until august as i will be getting a new computer then.

I just need to hope for the best that it will work just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast