T2 vs T1.2 ... Huge CPU overhead Difference
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default T2 vs T1.2 ... Huge CPU overhead Difference

I havent played around too much of late with traktor, but decided to go and have a tinker with T2 and see what all the fuss is about.

So fired it up, set up my layout same as I had in 1.2 .. loaded a few songs and .....Glitchy Glitchy yuck yuck

Now I appreciate its a new soft .. but it doesn't seem to do "that" much more for the extra CPU overheads (I dont use sample decks..so).

I checked that its not set to analyze collection, I did analyze a folder just to check.

Ideas - thoughts

BTW.

MBP 2.4ghz / 4gigs RAM / Tried external and Internal HDD.

latency?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

might be a problem on your end.

Since January, I was using the traktor s4 software till the tp2 upgrade came out. currently, i'm using version 2.01 with no problems.

i'm using a 2010 mbp, 2.4 GHz w/ 8GB ram and i've not had any issue like that.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

and pre-analized collection

@OP - are you running 2.0.2?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    and pre-analized collection

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

2.0.2 seems to work a little better. But you can't always expect to start it and go sometimes you'll have to adjust your latency and may turn of some other running processes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Its 2.0.1

But you can't always expect to start it and go
    Thats exactly what I expect!! LOL

I'd call my self as close to an Expert with OSX & windows based hardware and Soft Setup as you can get, being a long time user since OS8 and Cubase days.

Latency was the first thing I checked, Increased it to 20ms (ugh! 1.2 ran at 1ms) helped somewhat but still glitches every so often on track loading.

Closed other Apps I'd normally have open (IMHO I should not need to though).

Analyzed a music folder for use (60 tracks for testing)

I'm just trying to figure is there any reason it takes up so much CPU juice or spikes the CPU occasionally ?

With 1.2 I could happily set Traktor in cruise on the macbook and go place play a game of CS on the same machine in a virtual XP machine enviornment on a separate spaces page without so much as a hiccup in the Audio !

And that was using un-analyzed tracks only

So If i'm not using the sample Decks or S4, and not sold on colored Wavforms ... any reason to upgrade that I'm missing?

Kinda feels like I've stuck Vista on a 6 year old windows XP box ... It works mostly just Kinda clunky and not very "performancey".

I'll try 2.0.2 and see if it makes a diff.

BTW in case anyone asks soundcard is Numark I/O

I have a 2009 MBP with 4GB ram and ran TSP2 with no problems although I'm still using TSP 1.27 because of layout issues and waiting for the next update to TSP2. Did you turn off all extraneous features ie airport and close browser & mail?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Did you turn off all extraneous features ie airport and close browser & mail?
    I dont close Airport, I did close browsers etc ... but in all fairness it sounds a lil too much like a "your holding it wrong" statement.

i've been using Traktor for years without needing to jump though hoops, close other software etc. to make it work correctly, why should I have to start now - its the reason I enjoyed it so much until now - hell I could run Ableton with a ton of effects at the same time before, really don't see that happening anymore

I'll update to 2.0.2 and report back though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast