(OT) Cycling..... - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Tech Mentor

i can get into this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Just installed the kool-stop brake pads. GET THEM!

They're friggin awesome. The wheel lock up is easy to control (if it ever happens) but they're great in the rain and dry.
    i swear by these pads, especially coming down on a misty mountain decent (which is nearly all of them in the santa cruz mountains).

does anyone here race?
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

I am thinking of getting one for my self and just riding it anywhere so a hybrid bike might be ok but I am not sure, cus I want to go offroad and travel on roads too any advice? The one I got now is just for travel to college and job which I have crashed a little bit last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    Cheers, dude! It's a real nice bike. I've managed to get it insured for something like £4/month. That covers me against theft,accidents and even breakdowns.... If I have a bad 'off' or get a ridiculous amount of punctures with no spare tubes or puncture kits or as thing else then they will come n pick me up!
    I have never actually thought about it, that is a nice thing to have. Im just wondering if I can get quality for less then £600 maybe?

I purchased a used hybrid bike not too long ago. I have then fixed it up (New bearings, pedals, etc.) and ride it almost daily for exercise. Since I live in LA, Continental Gatorskin tires have helped me with frequent flats and I like that I can customize my bike for aggressive riding to comfort riding.

Here she is:

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I purchased a used hybrid bike not too long ago. I have then fixed it up (New bearings, pedals, etc.) and ride it almost daily for exercise. Since I live in LA, Continental Gatorskin tires have helped me with frequent flats and I like that I can customize my bike for aggressive riding to comfort riding.

Here she is:
    Judging by the size of that bike it looks like you're about as short as I am.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Judging by the size of that bike it looks like you're about as short as I am.
    Yup ... 5'6" ... glad that the shop had this smaller frame used.

Sold my road bike when i moved to Montreal... Wish i had a decent pic of it... was a custom built devinci with a columbus carbon fork, shimano 105 with dura ace cassete and k-force cranks. deda/selle ittalia contact points i loved that thing

I really want a road bike now. I haven't owned a bike since I was 10, so 20 years later, it was a difficult choice on which platform to buy. I made the safe choice of getting a hybrid, but now I would like the features of a good road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I really want a road bike now. I haven't owned a bike since I was 10, so 20 years later, it was a difficult choice on which platform to buy. I made the safe choice of getting a hybrid, but now I would like the features of a good road bike.

chainreactioncycles.com merlincycles.com buy discount, either build yourself or have a local bike shop build... enjoy the savings... I saved nearly a grand on my build last year

Tech Wizard

I have a fuji cross comp cyclocross bike. Picked it up used and have been riding occasionally with it. I need to get it out on trails more. As of right now its just strictly used on the road.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516