New S4 Deal vs Twitch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New S4 Deal vs Twitch

So i have been waiting a long time for the twitch to come out and see the reviews on that. I have had my vestax spin with Djay software since last summer but it doesnt cut it anymore.

With this new deal on the s4 i can get the controller, traktor 2, and the traktor 2 dvs free upgrade all for $799.

The twitch is $499, and comes with itch.

Itch seems pretty sweet but if i was to get the itch i would probably also buy traktor to use with it.

So i guess im just asking your guys opinion on whether or not its a good idea to wait and see what the twitch brings to the table, or to capitalize on what seems to be an amazing deal?

I would wait for twitch reviews to come out personally. It's an newish idea for a controller and it'll be interesting to see what kind of bugs it has. Personally I'd be interested in how you easily/accurately you can set cue points with jogwheels as I use them a lot.

It's odd that you're debating between the s4 and the twitch, they seem so different. care to offer any insight into why these are your two choices?

So basically with Traktor factored in, you're comparing the s4 at $799 which also gives you a soundcard, DVS support, and a proven controller.

Twitch plus Traktor runs you $699 and you still need to dish out for a soundcard, and don't have DVS support, and don't have a proven controller.

Add in the fact that as far as Traktor's concerned, Twitch doesn't really bring anything new to the table (since the slicing features are a factor of the Itch software and won't work in Traktor), and this is a non-decision. Get the S4 and do it now.

Well what intrigues me about the twitch is that its completely new and that slicer feature looks awesome. Im also not a big fan of scratching so the lack of jog wheels isnt necessarily a negative. The amount of pads for cue points loops etc is also sick.

What i like about the s4 is that it seems to have a pretty strong community backing. The effects that you get with traktor seem much better than with itch. The loop recorder looks awesome. Even though im not a fan of scratching the jog wheels can be used for effects.

I feel like if i was to get the itch i would end up wanting traktor which is like another $200 anyway right? so that would make twitch + traktor = basically 700 dollars. With this deal right now it looks like for 800 dollars i get an s4 controller, traktor, and the dvs. So im somewhat torn between the decision.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topps View Post
    Personally I'd be interested in how you easily/accurately you can set cue points with jogwheels as I use them a lot.
    On the S4 using HID, more accurate than most folks will ever need.

I'm pretty sure Twitch will have a nice following and I'm confident you will get great support in here. The only regret I have towards the Novation controller is the 2 channel mixer section, I'm not a big fan of soft takeover.

You should investigate a bit more about Itch, I don't think buying Traktor is a must, specially with the 2.0 update.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-30-2011 at 09:44 PM.

sorry I meant to say without jogwheels

Quote Originally Posted by Topps View Post
    sorry I meant to say without jogwheels
    It uses regular MIDI with Traktor, but acts as a relative control so the lower resolution isn't so dramatic (besides you can edit the sensitivity to your liking). Won't be perfect but I guess it will get the job done nicely.

ive used the demo of traktor 2 and really liked it, the only time ive used itch is on an NS7 in guitar center so you cant really get as much of a feel for it. Can anyone shed some light on which one they prefer and why?

Sig says it, been using Traktor since 2.5 and I was after a high resolution 4 deck controller with a timecode enabled soundcard.

The new s4 offer is really unbeatable , for that price for a well built 4 deck controller, software, built in soundcard, plus timecode function, you can't go wrong with it!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast