VCI-100 inconsistent signal due to "data" light isn't showing a consistent signal

Default VCI-100 inconsistent signal due to "data" light isn't showing a consistent signal

I am looking to buy a used VCI-100 and the seller informs me that the controller is, "...giving a consistent signal because the "data" light isn't showing a consistent signal from that wheel." :eek::eek::eek:

It is a deal cause its cheap but is it going to be an expensive or impossible fix?

It does flash from time to time, I would see if the guy lets you demo the item 1st.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Bless! I will try n arrange that. Then hopefully I'll offically be a member of the VCI famo

I currently use Virtual DJ Pro and how compatible is it with this unit?

aslong as it has midi learn or default setting for the vci you should be fine
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I use VCI and Virtual DJ and it works good. You need to learn the midi by your self.
    You cant get the lights to work and the schratch is not as good as in Traktor.
    But otherwise it runs like a charm

The native support for VCI-100 in Virtual DJ is ok and the lights works, but you cant change anything. If you wants to change the configuration you need to use the general midi mapper and cant get the lights to work on the button.

Tech Wizard

Hey i'm glad to hear about virtual dj's compatibility with the VCI-100 because I'm interested in buying it but i'm not sure I'll like traktor LE or even if I upgrade to traktor pro as it doesn't have a sampler and i'd have to use 4 decks or the 1 click sampler (which is cool but not very efficient...i think). I don't really know about this midi mapping stuff but is there a way to export your midi mapping and send it to me whenever I do get it. Also does anyone know of websites that have these mappings that get the most of out of using virtual dj and the VCI-100 together.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevzzz View Post
    Also does anyone know of websites that have these mappings that get the most of out of using virtual dj and the VCI-100 together.
    Look in the controller mappings section of the forums.