Big shout-out to our illustrious Moderator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Big shout-out to our illustrious Moderator

About a month ago I asked Bento San to help out with moderating the forum. He has been doing a great job of keeping things organized around here and I just want to thank him publicly for that. There are many of you out there as well that have been really helpful to other members of the forum and your assistance is greatly appreciated as well.

Lets keep on doing what we are doing and maintain a flame-free, super helpfull place to learn about cool technology.

E to the G

Tech Mentor

Props as well! Bentosan, you should tell us a bit about yourself!

Thanks to Bentosan and the whole DJ-TT forum! Everthing around this side is growing really nice! Lets keep up the good work!!! Thx to everyone participating here!

Allright Bento... This time it is me that is gonna drop the soapbar.

Lolz...

nah... nothing but love guys, nothing but love!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yeah! thanks to you guys, this is now a lot of peoples favorite internet hangout place

Hey guys thanks for the appreciation

Its certainly a blast being able to help out here, I certainly look forward to helping out as best I can into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    Props as well! Bentosan, you should tell us a bit about yourself!
    Sure - I am 22 years of age and have been producing since somewhere in between 1999 and 2000. I started out making what i could only describe as trance with a house influence. Then as I started listening to drum and bass I started adding more breaks into my tracks and as my taste for the genre grew, so did its influence on my music.
    My biggest influences on my production work would have to be a good friend going under the name of Total Harmonic Control who I learn something new off nearly every week.

I have been making music live since late 2007 and a lot of the skills I have have learned producing have translated over to live music fairly well. I far from claim to know everything there is to know as I too am constantly learning new things. While I have never DJed professionally, it is something I would like to do one day when I feel the time is right.

A lot of my time when not making music has always has been reading about music among other topics. I originally came across djtechtools when checking out videos on you-tube of the VCI-100 and from there it was only logical to check out Moldover's controllerism videos. I was completely sold on the controllerism theory and welcomed mixing for the first time. Before this point I have always had a personal dislike for the limitations of analogue and even cd decks, so while strongly considering it I never picked any up. Thats not to say that they never interested me, its just that production at the time had a lot more to offer me in terms of creativity.

From there my ambitions were to combine concepts from Ean's controllerism techniques with Moldovers concepts to create some sort of a hybrid, which I have been having a great deal of success with.

From here I will continue creating my own setup and exploring not only others controllerism techniques but also of my creating my own, while helping out as best I can around here
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-27-2008 at 03:55 AM.

Tech Mentor

Wow that's great, you've done a lot for only being 22 as well!

If anyone is interested in chatting to me on msn or google-chat you can get me on wastoid @ gmail d0t c0m for both.

Yeah Bento, all respect to you sir, your commitment to the boards is commendable.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

he needs a raise, yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast