HELP brand new S4 install DVD not working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default HELP brand new S4 install DVD not working

So excited I just bought an S4, but I went to pop the installation disc into my computer and my computer just spits it back out. Running on a MacBook Pro.

God please help me, is there any way around using the installation disc?

Tech Guru

I'm not sure how to do it if it's the KS4Pro serial key, but some new buyers had they're Traktor pro 2 serial # on the KS4 install disc. Try downloading the demo here http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=1997. When you start the program click on activation, go thru all the steps, and type in your serial. It's worth a shot

Tech Wizard

downloading demo, S4 drivers, and other nescessary crap right now... i hope this works so much or im SOL and out $800

Tech Wizard

Fucking livid right now. the traktor pro s4 serial number that came with my S4 does not work to activate traktor pro 2.

Isn't there a free update available for Traktor pro S4 users to traktor pro 2?
    Last edited by MoonUn1t; 07-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    MacBook Pro - Traktor Pro 2 - TKS4 - Midi Fighter

http://soundcloud.com/moonunit

Tech Mentor

First of all... relax, dude.

Which install CD came with your S4? Traktor S4 or Traktor Pro 2?

If it came with S4 version, then you need to install and activate Traktor S4 first... the free upgrade comes automatically by emails after successful registration.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    First of all... relax, dude.

Which install CD came with your S4? Traktor S4 or Traktor Pro 2?

If it came with S4 version, then you need to install and activate Traktor S4 first... the free upgrade comes automatically by emails after successful registration.
    I dont think you read his OP. It came with the KS4 cd but his cpu wont take the disc.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    I dont think you read his OP. It came with the KS4 cd but his cpu wont take the disc.
    I did read that part, and wondered why he is cursing out Native Instruments, and not Apple? My Macbook Pro read the install CD with no problems.

Tech Wizard

The problem is that Traktor Pro S4 edition is not available anywhere except on the install CD that comes with the S4. So I can't possibly upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 because I can't install and activate the S4 edition and I can't jump straight to Traktor Pro 2 because it won't take my S4 edition serial key. Hence my pickle. It's just frustrating that's all...
    Last edited by MoonUn1t; 07-03-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    MacBook Pro - Traktor Pro 2 - TKS4 - Midi Fighter

http://soundcloud.com/moonunit

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    I did read that part, and wondered why he is cursing out Native Instruments, and not Apple? My Macbook Pro read the install CD with no problems.
    Huh? when did he curse out NI? If you're not gonna help, gtfo

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUn1t View Post
    The problem is that Traktor Pro S4 edition is not available anywhere except on the install CD that comes with the S4. So I can't possibly upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 because I can't install and activate the S4 edition and I can't jump straight to Traktor Pro 2 because it won't take my S4 edition serial key. Hence my pickle. It's just frustrating that's all...
    If your DVD drive is non-working, then you have 2 options:

1) insert the disc into another computer, copy the files to a flash drive, and then install on your computer

or

2) open a support ticket, and ask customer service and ask for a download link to the S4 software, or a direct serial number for Traktor Pro 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast