a bit of help with searches in tp2 please

Default a bit of help with searches in tp2 please

Hi guys,

a few weeks ago i posted that my external hdd was failing, so i picked up another and transferred all of my tunes onto the new one.
    at the same time had an organise and reshuffle of a few of the folders but now whenever i search for a song in traktor i get multiple results for the same track and only one will play. i know that its just because ive changed the file path, but my question is how do i clear the whole search registry and reindex it?

cheers
    bri.

Tech Mentor

Have you run a consistency check and used the relocate function when it returns the missing track errors?

no i havent yet, i used the relocate on a few tracks, but it happens on absolutely every one, is there a way to just do a relocate on the entire folder?

Tech Mentor

Yes

Do you still have a backup of the original collection.nml file from the old drive btw? It might be a good idea to backup your collection files now as well just incase.

I store all my music in a folder called Music with lots of sub folders so when I do a consistency check on startup after making changes the checker generates a list of missing files and I just point the relocate function for all the missing files at the Music folder and it scans the sub folders automatically.