Help with tunes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Help with tunes ELECTRO HOUSE :)

I know I tend to moan a fair bit and think people should find their own songs and style but I need help finding some chart stuff thatd be in an electro house style to play for a charity night... Normally I play electro and dubstep but ive been asked to soften it a bit for the night so no dubstep really.... Because its chairty I said id be really happy to do the gig since its for a good cause and normally wouldnt take on somethinf that wasnt my style but I still get to play electro just basically looking for "fall back"(familiar) songs incase the floor clears since its not a prominent electro step crowd.... Thanks in advance... Mr stifffy
    Last edited by dj stifffy; 07-04-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: better name
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Guru

Bump
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

As you said.

Just go for electro and dubstep remixes of chart/pop songs,
    so that the people can relate to what your playing.
    Also some pop crossover tunes.

That does the job
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Guru

its not that, its finding them songs? I have shit loads of songs but nothing thats chart friendly all underground stuff, wouldnt know where to start looking for good quality remixes, artists etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    its not that, its finding them songs? I have shit loads of songs but nothing thats chart friendly all underground stuff, wouldnt know where to start looking for good quality remixes, artists etc...
    Just look around some different sites like Beatport and stuff. alot of good quality remixes there.

Tech Guru

so nobody can recommend something solid?? I spend my life on beatport and the Istore and other blogs but want to know actual song names of peoples "go to" shit... I dont play chart stuff as its not my thing but since its for charity I WANT to, wanna know what works in electro-chart music... pointless buying what I like as thats what I do anyways.... need to know what a crowd of typical club goers that listen to shit and dress like sluts are into compaired to my normal electro nights which is a crowd that are into my sets..... do ya get me???

so nobody can recommend something solid?? I spend my life on beatport and the Istore and other blogs but want to know actual song names of peoples "go to" shit... I dont play chart stuff as its not my thing but since its for charity I WANT to, wanna know what works in electro-chart music... pointless buying what I like as thats what I do anyways.... need to know what a crowd of typical club goers that listen to shit and dress like sluts are into compaired to my normal electro nights which is a crowd that are into my sets..... do ya get me???
    Lmfao I got you. Hmm, you said its a charity event. BUT, my suggestion is idk going with some Deadmau5 stuff. I like Bass Down Low remixes as well they are very good. Along with some Steve Aoki maybe?

Tech Guru

remixes by who though ?? bass down low would be ok, have a fair bit of deadmau5, might play some as im sure itll be requested, would be handy if ministry of sound did a cd with electo-chart stuff on ha

ive been asked to soften it a bit for the night
    Red flag. What do they actually want you to play?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Red flag. What do they actually want you to play?
    well music in my style which is usually electro and dubstep, but not going to do too much dubstep as itll be really heavy..

so mainly electro remixes and my own stuff thown in there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast