TSP 2, Record gains..
    Tech Convert

Default TSP 2, Record gains..

Hi all,
    Ive been using TSP2 for a few weeks now, and one thing thats got me confused is the levels on the record function.
    When Im recording a live set, i have to turn the gain (on the recorder) right up, and even then the limiters don't even go anywhere near the red, even though the CPU and "Main" limiters are going full tilt!
    I know with TSP 1 the closer I got the limiters to red the better the recording.. and the Gain (on the recorder) was just passed half way!
    Please help
    Much Appreciated
    Mac1ouda

go to preferences and look for recorder and it should say external and internal select internal
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Convert

Thanks for speedy reply,
    I may be wrong but I think I set it to internal when i first got TSP2, and got nothing what so ever! Im using it with timecode vinyl audio8 sound card and exernal mixer, if that makes any difference??
    Like i say, I may be wrong.. Ill try it!

Cheers

Mac1ouda

Tech Convert

Tried the internal recording trick, it would have done the trick except for the fact that im using an external mixer, ie. its recording all channels regardless of whats faded in or out on my mixer.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but still in need of a solution.
    Cheers
    Mac1ouda

Quote Originally Posted by Mac1ouda View Post
    Tried the internal recording trick, it would have done the trick except for the fact that im using an external mixer, ie. its recording all channels regardless of whats faded in or out on my mixer.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but still in need of a solution.
    Cheers
    Mac1ouda
    Ouch... If your mixer has it then I would say get RCA to mini jack and plug it into the Record out on the mixer and into the Line in on a PC and find some software capable of recording from Line Ins.

Or if you have the money something like http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH1
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Convert

Ye, not so keen on either of those suggestions for purpose of sound quality..
    the thing is, it all worked perfectly with TSP1, its just 2 that has the issue!
    Thanks anyway
    Mac1ouda

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your on an external mixer then you'll have to record from it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I'm using an rca from the rec out on my mixer into channel D input on my audio 8 sound card. all that i can see software, and hardware wise seems to be correct??
    It worked perfectly many a time with TSP1, its just TSP2 thats giving me the headache??
    But then another thing I mentioned in a previous thread which makes no sense, is that the sound level isn't bad when i play the recording back.
    On TSP1 if the record level was anything less than boarderline red, I could barely hear it.
    I think it may be a graphics issue on NI's side, maybe instead of having the limiters normal and then red right at the very end(like TSP1), they need to put an orange section in the middle to stay in... if that makes any sense??
    Ill keep fiddeling and figuring, and hopefully post a solution soon
    Much appreciated
    Mac