Please help me REMAP and setup Traktor S4 in TP2 for tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help me REMAP and setup Traktor S4 in TP2 for tomorrow.

Hi guys, sorry for being a dick but I have a gig tomorrow and I need to sort out a few things in my newly arrived S4. So if I can please get some help on the following issues, that would be great.

SYNC: I want to be able to hit sync button and have it just match the tempo of the other deck and leave it like that. Right now it either matches the tempo and keeps the SYNC on, or it reverts to +-0% tempo.

CUP and other REMAPPING: In previous versions of Traktor I simply went into the Controller Manager, selected the device I wanted to edit and started making changes, adding or deleting mappings.

Now though, when I choose the S4 in the device list, I get nothing, it's empty so there is nothing nowhere to add, change or delete.

These were the initial crucial issues I noticed when I started up, might be more later. Sorry but I'm pressed for time cuz I need it for a set tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Tech Mentor

Correct me if i'm wrong, but when the S4 is in HID mode you cannot map it. Or you need to use the Controller Manager (not sure about that).

Tech Mentor

SYNC: You want to select temposync, and not beatsync.

As for remapping, you will need to copy the default mapping, and then you will be able to edit it. You cannot change the default S4 mapping.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Something to do with creating a new user mapping. I'm sure it's in the manual.

For the sync thing, turn off sync while the track's playing and when you stop it the bpm doesn't revert.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

SYNC: Having to play the track, hit SYNC and then stop it for it to keep the BPM is a hell of a lot of work compared to how I, in Traktors previous version and with my VCI just hit Sync as a direct switch, rather than a toggle. I just want it to boom, change the BPM and be done with it, without having to play the song.

REMAPPING: Okay, I added a new Traktor S4 device "user" (instead of default) it comes up completely blank. I don't want to remap the whole device, just the Play (and make it CUP) and SYNC (to make it a direct button instead of toggle, and whatever else it needs to stop behaving as described above).

Thanks for your help guys, please if someone can solve this for me I'd be a very happy DJ.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    SYNC: Having to play the track, hit SYNC and then stop it for it to keep the BPM is a hell of a lot of work compared to how I, in Traktors previous version and with my VCI just hit Sync as a direct switch, rather than a toggle. I just want it to boom, change the BPM and be done with it, without having to play the song.

REMAPPING: Okay, I added a new Traktor S4 device "user" (instead of default) it comes up completely blank. I don't want to remap the whole device, just the Play (and make it CUP) and SYNC (to make it a direct button instead of toggle, and whatever else it needs to stop behaving as described above).

Thanks for your help guys, please if someone can solve this for me I'd be a very happy DJ.
    SYNC: Using temposync, and leaving it on, will do nothing but sync the BPM to the master deck. You don't have to do anything, so not sure what you mean.

REMAPPING: Have you run the Setup wizard to set up the default mapping for the S4? You should be able to edit the user mapping... I have never had a problem doing so. Trying running the wizard again to make sure you have the appropriate files to work from.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

SYNC: Using the tempo sync does indeed sync to the master deck, but it keeps it synced, it doesn't just match the BPM, which is what I want. When I hit sync, I want it to change the BPM, not to actually keep it in sync with the other deck.

REMAPPING: I have run the setup wizard and when it finishes, there is no user mapping, it's called: "Traktor Kontrol S4, default". I can add a new device, but then I have to map it out from scratch.

I just want to create a copy of the mapping and change it. Look below for screenshots, this is what I get when I change the device to Traktor S4.

Tech Guru

you can add a user map to go along with the default mapping, but you cant change the default mapping. You can delete the default mapping and re-map everything in the user mapping and jus use that, or if your user map doesnt conflict w/ the dafault map/or you don't mind the conflict between the two maps you can simply just add what you want in the user mapping and keep the default mapping to go along with it.

I did that, created a new mapping and tried changing settings, which worked, but like you said... it still conflicted.

So when I added CUP to the PLAY button, both PLAY and CUP were activated on press.

How can I avoid this without having to remap the whole thing?

Okay, so seems that, to be able to get the full list of editable mapping settings, you have to open one of the factory tsi's, when you do that, the full list appears and you are in business. So far so good and I am now able to edit, remove and add new functions.

Seems like an odd thing, that the mappings don't appear by default.

SYNC: I solved that at the same time, removed the beat sync mapping and replaced it with a tempo sync (when I did it in the preferences tick box, it didn't work).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast