Live Band Experimentation

Default Live Band Experimentation

Hey ya'll! I was curious if I could get some suggestions for something me n' my friends are trying out. Here's the deal, a few other guys and myself have recently been jamming in a dub/funk/experimental direction in my friend's basement for the past couple weeks. I've just been using my controller/laptop to lay down some cool reverb/delay effects and incorporate some vocal samples, lazers, and a bit of scratching to really fill in the sound.

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or even links or tips to anything I can use in any sort of way. Ideas for combinations of effects (reverb delay iceverb and flanger are doin' me good right now), samples I can use, bits of tracks that are good for scratching, any dub/rasta men shouting or singing, or even any cool or funny quotes I can just trigger would be much appreciated!

Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I feel like right now I'm not doing too much to enhance the sound in terms of how involved I actually am but I think once I know what I'm doing it'll be a lot better. The rest of the guys say they like the sort of ambience I bring in the dub jams and the samples/lazers in the funk jams haha.

Also, just throwin' it out there, anyone spin lots of dub (and I don't mean dubstep)? Don't really see that too often, just curious :]

Friendly bump... nothin'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-nJRD78tA

the DJ, Snafu, uses a midi footswitch to run certain effects. He also pulls samples from the vocalist, Eva, and scratches those.